Lionsgate: reject collecting personal information and can't copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lionsgate: reject collecting personal information and can't copy

I cannot copy the BD25 Cabin Fever. The DVD title has been out for a while but the BD I got seems to be new. On 3 different systems (set-top LQ590 and 2 windows 7 powerdvd 10,9) I am told that an update is required. If I reject the update, the copy will eventuallly hang up. If I accept the update and reject the privacy policy, same problem. I do not plan on doing the "I agree".

The privacy statement states they will collect personal information and if I choose not to provide them with the info, not all the areas of the BD will be available to me.

The disk surface seems free from defects and appears new. 8.0.9.2 QT: I select either "clone", "full disk", or "main movie" but all fail about 2/3 way thru.

The movie can play on a set-top but I have to advance using "Next" about 3 times while watching the movie or it hangs up.

Is this a new type of copy protection or do I just have a bad BD?
    Last edited by BeemerBiker; 06-12-2011, 12:48 PM.

Please try v8.0.9.8 of DVDFab. It has some updates that may prevent this behaviour and if it does, your backups should play OK. If you want to just play them on your PC, try the latest version of Passkey. If it doesn't work after installing v8.0.9.8, please post the internal log files.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I canceled after 2 hours and got a message that 11553 unreadable sectors were skipped. I think the disk is bad and I am going to try to return it for a DVD version.

Comment

Keep us posted in the future on these type of discs if you run in to any more. This really intrigues me. Something else besides Cinavia.

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBiker View Post
          I canceled after 2 hours and got a message that 11553 unreadable sectors were skipped. I think the disk is bad and I am going to try to return it for a DVD version.
          Do you have under DVD/Bluray read ignore errors automatically checked?
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

No, because I want to know if there is any error at all when I purchase a new disk. On a used disk I expect errors but it is nice to know about how many there are. If more than 2 errors within seconds I select "ignore errors". On 8.0.9.2 and earlier, to my knowledge, BDCopy never showed the number of errors. I assume that 8.0.9.8 implement error counting and reporting.

Comment

I got in a replacement BD and it copied quickly with no errors. The same update request popped up and I ignored it just as before. The previous disk was probably defective.

Comment

Working...
              X