This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

commentary during playback

I tried to rip Star Trek and all went fine but when i went to play it back the audio was talking voices about the movie not the movie. I unchecked the sub titles and other languages and full movie ripI looked at settings but could not see what was wrong. Thumpalong

PS using 6.2.0.5 paid version is there something i`m doing wrong

Thumpalong...I don't think that you are doing anything wrong. Several of us have had issues with the audio(foreign language, commentaries, etc). I really don't understand why this happens after you select English with no commentary. Maybe somebody out there can explain this.

Comment

Sounds like the wrong audio stream is being selected as the default. This works like Main Movie in DVD to DVD and one must be selected. You can change which one it is using the default arrow, which you can read about here: http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php...ToDVDCustomize (scroll to bottom of page).
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Just a note, I have Fab set up like this...Common Settings>Streams>Audio. I remove all pre-selected languages in the box to the right and then at the bottom place a tick in the main bottom choice "Select first track" and never had any problems getting a commentary track or foreign language. Although I never tested that movie either. (I also have it set to not select any sub title tracks by default and if I need them it's just as easy to make a selection as to de-select it.
        Last edited by W&B; 11-19-2009, 03:21 PM. Reason: Spell check

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
          Just a note, I have Fab set up like this...Common Settings>Streams>Audio. I remove all pre-selected languages in the box to the right and then at the bottom place a tick in the main bottom choice "Select first track" and never had any problems getting a commentary track or foreign language. Although I never tested that movie either. (I also have it set to not select any sub title tracks by default and if I need them it's just as easy to make a selection as to de-select it.
          I too have had this commentary audio only problem several times (and it's really frustrating) when playing back with PowerDVD too. If I understand you right, I should remove ALL pre-selected languages in the box? Even the English? So there should be NO languages in the right box?

Windows XP Pro, 32 bit, SP2
          Intel P4 @ 3.2 Ghz, 1.5 gb ram on a ECS RS400-A Motherboard
          LG WH08LS20 BLACK SATA LIGHTSCRIBE 8X BLU RAY WRITER with Software (OEM)
          (Came with PowerDVD 7.3)
          DVDFab 6.2.1.8

PNY Nvidia GeForce 9800GT EE GDDR3 1GB PCIe 2.0
          Driver ver. 6.14.11.9107
          BIOS ver. 62.92.84.00.51

Supported video codecs;
          CUDA_MODE_H264
          CUDA_MODE_VC1
          DXVA_MODE_H264
          Hand Built PC - ECS RS400-A MoBo w/ 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1.5 GB RAM, LG WH08LS20 Bluray burner, Sony DRU-842a DVD burner, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCIE card w/1gb vram, 650w PS, Windows XP Pro/SP3, Maxtor 200gb/160gb & Seagate 1TB internal HDDs. Samsung HDCP-compliant 23" TFT-LCD monitor, stereo speakers. (Life's the perfect thing to pass the time away.)

Comment

Correct and that's how my Fab is configured. Don't forget the comment about select first track, English (at least on the region 1 disc) is always the first track.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
              Correct and that's how my Fab is configured. Don't forget the comment about select first track, English (at least on the region 1 disc) is always the first track.
              Ka-Ching! Great advice! Worked like a charm. Thank You Very Much!
              Perhaps the website should include a screenshot of that audio setup window
              with those settings. From what I've seen on the forum here there's been quite
              a few folks experiencing this issue.
              (BTW, love the Floyd marching hammers!)
              Hand Built PC - ECS RS400-A MoBo w/ 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1.5 GB RAM, LG WH08LS20 Bluray burner, Sony DRU-842a DVD burner, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCIE card w/1gb vram, 650w PS, Windows XP Pro/SP3, Maxtor 200gb/160gb & Seagate 1TB internal HDDs. Samsung HDCP-compliant 23" TFT-LCD monitor, stereo speakers. (Life's the perfect thing to pass the time away.)

Comment

Mdy4Blues you should also update your XP OS to SP3.
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Glad it works for you. I'm not sure a screenshot would help because not everyone wants/needs the english tracks. That setting should help if playing the m2ts file directly. Playing back BD format should be done by selecting the main folder or creating an iso which will maintain the folder structure.
                  I agree with CBR929 100%, you should keep your computer updated especially with the service packs to possibly avoid future problems.

Comment

The op has not replied in a very long time, closing thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X