Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get 8.1.0.0. to stop prompting for Region?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I get 8.1.0.0. to stop prompting for Region?

I am unable to get newest version 8100 to stop randomly prompting for BD Region. (My region is USA.)
    The only one way I know how to deal with this is to select region and check the DO NOT ASK AGAIN box. But the program keeps randomly prompting for region.
    While this seems to be only a mild annoyance, this prompt effectively kills the Batch functionality. This issue has started with the introduction of the QT versions. I am running Win 7 Pro 64bit.

Any help on how to deal with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing? An INI file I could modify? A way to force the program to remember this setting? A batch command to override this prompt?

Could someone at DVDFab acknowledge this and let us know if this issue will be fixed?

Thanks to all.

Have you set the appropriate region in the settings?

Comment

And on your optical drive?
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

We will check this issue asap.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thanks to all for replies.
          To Gummigutta:
          "Have you set the appropriate region in the settings? "
          Settings show that "Region A" is already selected.
          However, DVDFab still randomly prompts for region. When I say "randomly" I mean that say I have 2 projects in a batch file. When I run, DVDFab may not ask for region for project 1, but ask for region when it gets to project 2. Then I run the same batch again, now DVDFab will ask for region for project 1 and ask again for region for project 2. I am not able to determine what triggers DVDFab to ask (or not ask).
          By the way, I never owned anything else than region A BDs.

To signals:
          "And on your optical drive? "
          Optical drive is Pioneer BDR-205. The incessant region prompt was never an issue in releases prior to QT release 8.0.9.2. In fact, when I revert to 8.0.8.5 everything runs fine, without region prompts. I looked in "device manager" and there is a tab for setting DVD region, but there is no tab for setting BD region. The DVD region is not set. But DVDFab (or any other program) never complained before about DVD region never being set on the drive. By the way, the issue I am complaining about occurs in "Step 2" of the process, when I use DVDFab in a batch file to compress to BD25 files previously ripped to hard drive. The region has already been removed. No disc is present in the optical drive, DVDFab is using the files that reside on the hard drive.

To fengtao:
          "We will check this issue asap."
          Thank you so much. If you need any additional info or if there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Thanks to all.

Comment

This issue fixed in our testing build, please try again when it out.

Thanks,
            Potti
            Last edited by CBR929; 07-20-2011, 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
            X