Failed to open E:\ Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to open E:\ Error

I have a blu-ray writer (E and blu ray reader (d installed.

I've recently started getting the following error message when inserting a blank 25 GB blu ray disc in E:

Failed to open E:\
    please check if its playable.

I never had this message prior to upgrading to v8.0.9.8, although this may just be a coincidence.

I now have v8.1.0.5 and still get the same error every time I insert a disc.

Anybody any ideas??

tomo20000

Does this happen with all discs? Only a few? Please post the Info text from a disc that won't open. You can just copy and paste it into a post. Does this happen with BOTH BD drives? Try putting a disc that won't open in the BD burner drive instead of the BD-ROM. Update your DVDFab to v8.1.0.6.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by tomo20000 View Post
      I have a blu-ray writer (E and blu ray reader (d installed.

I've recently started getting the following error message when inserting a blank 25 GB blu ray disc in E:

please check if its playable.

I never had this message prior to upgrading to v8.0.9.8, although this may just be a coincidence.

I now have v8.1.0.5 and still get the same error every time I insert a disc.

Anybody any ideas??

tomo20000
      Hi tomo
      Please check your auto-play settings in Control Panel, if the default is dvdfab, please wait, we had done works for it.
      If not, please post the logs.
      Best Regards.
      Joe

Comment

Sorry for smilies in earlier post - not too sure what happened there.

Anyway, to confirm, my bluray writer is Drive E and the reader is Drive D.

It's now happening with all discs, even though they are the same makes I have used previously, even out of the same batch. If DVDfab is already running, as soon as I put a blank in Drive E, it scans the disc and gives the error message. Similarly, if I insert the disc and then start DVDfab, the same thing happens.

I've tried putting a blank bluray disc in Drive D, and never got the error message (however, this drive wouldn't be able to write to it anyway, being just a bluray reader).

Not sure where I find the info.txt file for the rive containing the blank disc - can you let me know where it is located please?

Autoplay settings for both drives is music files (i'm guessing this is the default). There is no DVDfab option.

Thanks very much for the advice so far......

tomo20000

Comment

Hi tomo20000
          Have you tried disabling auto play all together, and do you have the same results!!!
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi tomo20000,

Can you look further in "Common Settings" - "Drives" ? Please make sure all the drives listed checked.

Please go to Control Panel, then User Accounts, change account name to see if you can solve this E:\ drive recognizing issue.

Sincerely,
            --
            Sunny

Comment

Working...
            X