DVDFab' s Blue Ray copy modes and picture/audio quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab' s Blue Ray copy modes and picture/audio quality

Is there any difference in picture and audio quality between an original blue-ray disc and its DVDFab "Clone", "Full Disc" and "Main Movie" modes?
    I meen, is there any image or audio quality deterioration from an original blue-ray disk and itsDVDFab copies ("Clone", "Full Disc" and "Main Movie")?
    Also, is there any quality deterioration between the above modes and DVDFAb's mkv "remux" mode?

Christos Michalopoulos
    Athens, Greece

Originally posted by christosm View Post
    Is there any difference in picture and audio quality between an original blue-ray disc and its DVDFab "Clone", "Full Disc" and "Main Movie" modes?
    I meen, is there any image or audio quality deterioration from an original blue-ray disk and itsDVDFab copies ("Clone", "Full Disc" and "Main Movie")?
    Also, is there any quality deterioration between the above modes and DVDFAb's mkv "remux" mode?

Christos Michalopoulos
    Athens, Greece
    Not sure about remux mode, but everything else will be exactly like the original.
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Clone and remux are exactly like the original, the "exactness" of the others depends on your settings and the way the discs were authored. The output for instance is always H264, the originals may use a different codec, but the video quality is still very good, indistinguishable from the original in most cases.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanx for the really useful and fast reply.
        From your answer rises four questions:
        1. How can we know which exactly H264 codec the original blue ray uses?
        2. Is there a way to chose the original H264 codec, as the copy codec?
        3. "Codecwise" which are the differences between "Full Disc" and "Clone"?
        4. Can I use "Clone" if I want to copy the original blue ray not to a BD disk, but to my computer's hard disk?

*Sorry for bothering you with all those questions. I wouldn't insist if DVDFab wouldn't be such a good product.

Comment

Working...
        X