Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still having problems with Main Movie Copy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still having problems with Main Movie Copy...

And then frustration set in....

I have again tried to make a Movie-only backup using v8.1.1.5Qt Beta, and again, it has failed... After 9 hours of DVDFab trying to compress a Blu-ray to a movie-only copy, it still only showed about 1/3 to 1/4 of the way finished... I have backed up the full disc to the Hard Drive using v8.1.1.5 Qt Beta, then tried to make a movie-only copy using v8.1.1.5 Qt Beta, then tried going back to v8.0.7.3, but both have failed. I don't want to complain, but this is a very expensive piece of software, and it has way too many bugs!
    I am a die-hard DVDFab user, and have used this software ever since version 4.x.x.x, but lately have not been very impressed. I really don't want to have to look elsewhere for another software package...

I will post screenshots and my logs, in the hope that the makers of DVDFab can fix this software....
    Attached Files

hi,

Sorry for the problem first, your test disc is "BLACK_SWAN" ? I will try to find this disc to test it. I think next beta version will fix your problem.

thanks.

Comment

Please try turning off CoreAVC decoding, it is not working correctly for me either.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, my test disc is "BLACK_SWAN", but I am having this problem with any Blu-ray that requires compression... So far, all these Blu-ray's will not compress as DVDFab gets about 1/4 of the way through, then just stops....
        No CPU activity, no progress on the progress bar, nothing... And yet, DVDFab itself is not frozen.... I can quit the process, and shut down DVDFab with no problem... After the last attempt lasting 9 some odd hours, that's what I had to do, was cancel.

Black Swan
        The International
        Your Highness
        Taken
        Limitless

And thanks for your suggestion, Signals, but I have tried pretty much all of the possibilites that DVDFab can use...
        Lightning-Recoding on/off -> no difference, still won't finish compression
        CoreAVC on/off -> no difference, still won't finish compression
        DXVA on/off -> no difference, still won't finish compression
        All decoders off - software only -> no difference, still won't finish compression

Very frustrating!

Comment

I will try a BD9 later today with v.8.1.1.5B
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am not trying to compress it down to a BD9....
            I am trying to compress it to a BD25....

Comment

Pretty sure it uses the same pieces and parts. I made and am watching a BD9 of "Blitz".

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Pretty sure it uses the same pieces and parts. I made and am watching a BD9 of "Blitz".
                As i said in my thread it only seems to have trouble with movies that require multiple m2ts files. i have been doing some testing and that is what i noticed. this problem goes back several versions to the one where the muxer was changed.

Comment

I'll try one with multiple m2ts when I have a chance.

Comment

Hi,

I try to reproduce the issue with BLACK_SWAN, but not reproduced.
                    I backup full disc to HD and then compress to BD25 successfully with Software (decoder and encoder) only.

Please have a try as below:
                    1. uninstall DVDFab first, make sure uninstall clean completely and no any vestigital files in DVDFab installation folder.
                    2. Reinstall DVDFab 8.1.1.5.
                    3. Compress BLACK_SWAN main movie to BD 25 again.

Hope this help you!
                    Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by csbond2 View Post
                      As i said in my thread it only seems to have trouble with movies that require multiple m2ts files. i have been doing some testing and that is what i noticed. this problem goes back several versions to the one where the muxer was changed.
                      the same here after testing Blitz a single m2ts files movie only to BD9 working.
                      Limiless miltple m2ts movie only BD25 and BD9 not working for me just slow down then sit there doing nothing.I sure they are working on well I hope they are.I was able to compress with older fab.
                      Windows 7 64bit ultimate
                      CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
                      RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
                      GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
                      SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
                      HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
                      PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

mr Wilson.Wang, I have already tried that...
                        As I said in a previous post, I have just redone my system from
                        scratch...

If you check the log, you will see that I ripped the Full Disc to the HD
                        using v8.1.1.2, then tried to make a movie-only copy with v8.0.7.3 as
                        well as v8.1.1.5b Qt...

Same result, DVDFab just hangs after 1/3 of the way through and won't
                        finish....

Comment

Originally posted by rggauld View Post
                          mr Wilson.Wang, I have already tried that...
                          As I said in a previous post, I have just redone my system from
                          scratch...

If you check the log, you will see that I ripped the Full Disc to the HD
                          using v8.1.1.2, then tried to make a movie-only copy with v8.0.7.3 as
                          well as v8.1.1.5b Qt...

Same result, DVDFab just hangs after 1/3 of the way through and won't
                          finish....
                          just use v8.0.7.3 to rip and compress and let us know.
                          Windows 7 64bit ultimate
                          CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
                          RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
                          GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
                          SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
                          HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
                          PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Working...
                          X