Blu-ray copy freezes about 40 mins into film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray copy freezes about 40 mins into film

The strange thing is , when the copy freezes, if I eject it then press play, it will play normally even over where it froze. It has done the same on the last three copies of different films.I tried an original copy & that did not freeze at all.Any Suggestions?

My Samsung BD-P1600 Blu-ray player does that sometimes too (with backup copies). For me, it's not necessarily at 40 mins though. Last time it did it, it was during the ending of Tron Legacy. Had played fine until the last chapter. Something I have to endure I guess. Doesn't always happens so I havent complained.

Comment

Freezes well into playback

Oh well I'm not alone, thanks for feedback, my standalone player is a Philips BDP 5100. I sometimes wonder if its a compatabilty problem with the BD-R disc & the player does get quite hot.But as you say we will have to put up with that--it is only a backup copy anyway.

Comment

Try using older version 8.0.7.3 and see if this problem still exist. I have been having freeze problems with the newer version but when i use the older version the movie plays fine the whole way through the movie. I think it's probably an issue with the new qt. versions. They still haven't fix many problems with the newer version.

Comment

try cleaning disc it worked for me on my phillips bluray player

Comment

Originally posted by kenbra View Post
            try cleaning disc it worked for me on my phillips bluray player
            and/or try to clean lenses on player itself
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by 0brian View Post
              Try using older version 8.0.7.3 and see if this problem still exist. I have been having freeze problems with the newer version but when i use the older version the movie plays fine the whole way through the movie. I think it's probably an issue with the new qt. versions. They still haven't fix many problems with the newer version.
              Read the release notes for v8.1.1.6 Beta, there are many fixes.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Freezing discs

Thanks for above, tried a blu-ray laser cleaning disc, & now the copies don't freeze.The standalone players do seem sensitive to copied backups.

Comment

Hi Dave 2,

Glad to see that DVDFab work well!

Wilson
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Freezing blu-ray disc

Hi Wilson,
                    Just seen your reply, all seems well now but still get the odd freeze, but I rewind & it plays ok.Just a blip really, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Hi Dave,
                      Please try the latest beta build 8131.

Wilson
                      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

No more freezing

I have kept the versions upto date, & now I seem to be free of freezing.The team at dvdfab do keep things on the move, it must be hard for them

Comment

Working...
                        X