Full disc burn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full disc burn...

When I try to burn using FULL DISC to a BD-R 25, why does it literally take hours(over 12) to complete? I've sent emails to DFAB in the past but have never got an understandable(for me anyway) response to the problem, made whatever changes instructed too but still nothing. Is this how it is supposed to be or is it me and my computer?

Blu-rays, especially in Full Disc mode, contain lots of data that has to be compressed. The time required depends on your PC and its capabilities. What is your CPU type and speed and GPU make and model? The main movie on a Blu-ray can sometimes be copied with no compression to a BD25. It will also generally run faster if you copy the content uncompressed to a hard drive, then use that as a Source for compression or conversion.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

i concur with signals response it can take between 2 -12 hours mine takes about 2 1/2 -4 hours depending upon disk and i have i5 2500 chip gtx55ti graphics board and 8gig memory running windows 7 ultimate x64 i,m afraid speed costs money so best advice is do it overnight then it wont be so bad

Comment

I use an HP- PAVILION P6311F, WINDOWS 64, 6GB MEM, NVIDIA GEFORCE 9100

Comment

Are you copying the entire BD50 to the HDD first then doing your compression on the HDD? This makes it alot faster also saves wear and tear on your burner!
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

All I do is select FULL DISC or MAIN MOVIE and click NEXT at the bottom and the program takes over from there, excuse my french but I am not a computer wiz I just try to follow as best I can. I have my A/V CODEC set as the following is this correct?

**Video Decoder**
            H.264 - SOFTWARE
            VC1 - SOFTWARE
            MPEG2 - SOFTWARE

**Video Encoder**
            H.264 - SOFTEWARE + CUDA

Comment

Since your video is an integrated graphics chip, you won't see much improvement with CUDA. As a matter of fact, it may just be slowing you down.
              Please change your Video Encoder to software only to see if you realize any improvement.

We absolutely need to know your other basic settings.

An answer to DiabloZoe's question re: compression is essential.
              What is your output size?
              It should default to BD50 if you have not altered the default settings.

Just look on the main screen at output size
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

My output size is...
                Blu-Ray Copy: Default output size: BD50
                Should I change my BURN ENGINE from VSO BURNING ENGINE to IMGBURN?
                What else do you need to know?
                What does DiabloZoe mean by copying to HDD(hard drive)? Isn't that what happens when you use DVDFAB? All I do is place disc in computer and press NEXT. Anything else, give me instructions and I might know what you type about.

Comment

If that's what you are doing you have it all wrong.

You need to go thrugh the tutorials or start reading what the others have had to say and actually take note.

Originally posted by drkbrn23 View Post
                  My output size is...
                  What does DiabloZoe mean by copying to HDD(hard drive)? Isn't that what happens when you use DVDFAB? All I do is place disc in computer and press NEXT. Anything else, give me instructions and I might know what you type about.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by drkbrn23 View Post
                    My output size is...
                    You select BD50 at the bottom at the top your source is the burner/movie and the target is a folder on the HDD, this will copy the entire movie or you can select movie only to the HDD uncompressed. When this is done you will select BD25 at the bottom make the folder you just made as the source and your target will be the HDD again, what this is doing is compressing on your HDD. It will be faster and save your burner in the long run. You can use the write data function in Fab to burn to a disc or just run ImgBurn as a stand alone burner.
                    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                    X