Cloning 3d Bluray Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning 3d Bluray Question

I've researched this forum but am finding conflicting information and want to limit my dl coasters. Wouldn't mind hearing from the developers.

Can I clone an iso to hd, then burn to bd? If so should I burn with imgburn or dvdfab?

Or is it only possible to clone directly to the bd? Again I'm seeing people say it works both ways but the one time I tried from hd using imgburn won't play, says its not a 3d player or tv, but they are...

You can use DVDFab Clone mode (DVD or BD, 2D or 3D) to write directly to disc or to an image file. If you are using an image file as a Source, use Write Data mode to burn it to disc. Clone mode does not permit a non-disc Source unless you mount the image with DVDFab Virtual Drive. If the ISO was not made with DVDFab or Passkey, the results may be unpredictable and we really can't help you with that.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the response but still having problems. Disc is Step Up 3d. Used clone mode to create image file on hd. Used write data mode to burn to disc. Still can't play, still tells me my hardware is not 3d.

Comment

Fwiw, I checked the discs on a different 3d setup receiving the same message. I noticed that there is an additional folder on the duplicate, I assume for the miniso information, but wonder if that is the cause of the problem. It's not a true clone because it's different.

Also I had checked the option to allow the 3d disc to function on a 2d display so also wonder if that is the source of the difficulty. If anything, if working correctly, I should never see that message since I do have a 3d setup and since even if I did not, it should be allowed to play on 2d setup.

And to note, yes, my iso was made with dvdfab.

Comment

Ok so successfully burnt a backup of a different movie, Tahiti Ultimate Wave. Same settings and process. I noticed its only a single layer disc though. Did this one as a test on a rewriteable, will test bdr next.

Then I tried Monsters vs Aliens. This movie had the same result as Stepup, told me I needed 3d player. I did get to the menu fine and was able to play the 2d version. Stepup 3d I didn't even make it to previews or the menu before it notified me.

Coaster # 3.

Comment

I had the same problem, and I think removing the tick from the Blu-ray protection setting ' Enable Blu-ray 3D only disc to be payed on 2D display' fixed my problem - I created an ISO image and burnt a BD-RE 50 and it worked in 3D whereas previously I got the message about the display/player not being 3D capable. I made other changes to settings at the same time which is why I am not sure - but this one seemed most likely.

Comment

Working...
            X