Is "Blu-ray Copy" enough for my needs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is "Blu-ray Copy" enough for my needs?

I just bought a 3D TV and bought a few 3D movies to go with it. I have an HTPC connected with the TV which already had a blu-ray player but I also bought a blu-ray writer.

I had initially planned to backup my 3D blu-ray movies on 50GB BD-Rs but it seems that they cost a lot ($7 per disc is the cheapest I've seen for 50GB)

So now I'm planning to backup up my 3D movies to my existing 2TB HDD and purchase more HDDs when their prices go down after factories in Thailand recover from their flooding.

Now, since I want to keep my originals safe, this is what I plan:
    1. Create ISO images of the 3D movies on my HDD by "cloning" the blu-ray?.
    2. Play the ISO on HDD using PowerDVD 10 - Do I need to mount the ISO using the "DVDFab Virtual Drive"?

In the future if I need to write to BD-Rs, I can use "blu-ray copy" to "Write Data" from HDD ISO to BD-R, all the while preserving 3D content.

All of the above can be achieved by "blu-ray copy", right?

I also saw that I can write the 3D movies to SBS 3D on a 25GB disc. What is the difference in the quality between an original 5GB 3D blu-ray and the SBS 25GB that DVDFab makes? What do I lose?

Steps 1 and 2 are correct. You would use DVDFab Virtual Drive (free) to mount and play the cloned images. Not sure about the SBS, but I would think the quality would be lower and the processing time longer.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks,
      I'll download the trial version tonight to see how it works.

Comment

Working...
      X