Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win XP ... Whenever Movie Needs Compression ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win XP ... Whenever Movie Needs Compression ...

Copying is brutally slow!!!!!

Anything I can do to help speed things up???

Help would be greatly appreciated!

romanjamm
    are you first copying a full 50gb back up to your hard drive then using that file to compress? Are you trying to compress the full BD to a 25gb or just the main movie?
    Lancool K-56 case.
    OCZ 700watt PSU.
    MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
    AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
    ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
    16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
    OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
    WD 2TB.
    EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
    LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Just going to Main Movie and letting software do everything.

Obviously using 25gb disc.

I try to take out as much as possible so that it fits but obviously I can't do that all the time.
      Last edited by romanjamm; 01-10-2012, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Hi romanjamm
        You did not answer the question.
        Originally posted by unknownbluray View Post
        romanjamm
        are you first copying a full 50gb back up to your hard drive then using that file to compress? Are you trying to compress the full BD to a 25gb or just the main movie?
        Is the movie over 25GB and are you compressing from your drive???
        If so, please do not compress from your drive
        First save it to your HDD as BD50 "Main Movie" without compression.
        Then open the hard drive folder and select BD25 to compress to another folder on your hard drive.
        Use the "Write Data" mode of Fab to open this COMPRESSED folder and burn to a disk.
        Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Tried to answer your question ... I appreciate the advice ... will try to do it the way you suggest, if I can figure it out. I'm not the most computer savy person.

All I know is that when the movie fits on one 25gb disk, dvdfab works just find in copying and writing the data. In other words, don't need to do anything else besides open the program and click.

Comment

Originally posted by romanjamm View Post
            Tried to answer your question ... I appreciate the advice ... will try to do it the way you suggest, if I can figure it out. I'm not the most computer savy person.

All I know is that when the movie fits on one 25gb disk, dvdfab works just find in copying and writing the data. In other words, don't need to do anything else besides open the program and click.
            Hi romanjamm
            Just take you time in doing what I suggested, it's not too hard to do it this way.
            I understand but not all Blu-Ray movies will be like that, and your burner will thank you.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              Hi romanjamm
              You did not answer the question.

Is the movie over 25GB and are you compressing from your drive???
              If so, please do not compress from your drive
              First save it to your HDD as BD50 "Main Movie" without compression.
              Then open the hard drive folder and select BD25 to compress to another folder on your hard drive.
              Use the "Write Data" mode of Fab to open this COMPRESSED folder and burn to a disk.
              Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.
              CBR929
              It would be great if there was some kind of tutorial which shows step by step how to do this!

Comment

I'd second this tutorial suggestion - I sort of figured things out by myself since, even though I'm an old guy, I'm reasonably computer literate.

As for compression time - depends on your system, i.e. processor and operating system. If you're running an old Dell XPS with a Pentium D 2.8GHz CPU and 2 GB RAM with WINXP, you're basically screwed. Any compression at all (done from one hard drive to another) takes in order of 4 hours. But who cares? It does work!

Have to admit though, I'm thinking of getting a Core I7 processor computer with a little more horsepower for both backups and other stuff; I already have a copy of WIN 7 sitting on a shelf I've never used.

Comment

There is an extensive tutorial on the DVDFab website.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    There is an extensive tutorial on the DVDFab website.
                    *** From what I gather, this tutorial does not show how to copy to hard drive, compress and then burn to bd-r.***

It shows how to copy and burn through the dvdfab software only, which frankly only works about 40% of the time!

About half of the bd-rs I copy, compress and burn using the software not only take too long to finish, but MORE IMPORTANTLY they stutter and pause every 3 - 5 seconds rendering the copy you make useless!!!

I really am disappointed with this software for purposes of backing up Blu rays. The DVD copying portion seems to work great ... blu rays, as long as you don't mind having a 40% success rate works, but really is too frustrating to even bother.

Unfortunately I have already spent a considerable amount of money on Blu ray burners and players. I am to the point of trying to find something that works better. 40% is just NOT good enough!

By the way, I am using the most recent version!
                    Last edited by romanjamm; 02-09-2012, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X