Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BD9 Movie only - What video quality expected?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD9 Movie only - What video quality expected?????

Hi All,

OK, so everywhere DVDFAB tells me I can bust a BD50 down to BD25 BD9 BD5 right?

BD25 needs to be burnt to 25GB Bluray disc. Done! works great in my PS3. Looks fantastic.
    BD9 needs to be burnt to Dual Layer standard DVD disc right?
    BD5 single layer DVD right?

Ok, my BD25 copy that I have made looks amazing and its hard to tell the difference between the original BD50 and my BD25 copy.

I tried previewing in VLC player a BD9 file that DVDFAB created and the video is crap! What am I doing wrong?
    I thought that it was possible to go from BD50 to BD9 and it would be watchable. Do you have to do complete movie for BD9? I have been trying movie only - makes sense to not compress the entire original disc down to 8gb or so. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

I have had excellent luck with BD9s. I don't burn them to disc but store tham on my laptop HDD to save space. They look amazingly good for me, much better than an uncompressed DVD. The BD5s don't look bad either. Be sure to remove any audio or sub streams you don't want and don't try to compress the extras also. For best video quality, save all the bits you can for the video stream. I haven't done one in several weeks, so there could be something in a current version that I've missed. I play them with TMT5.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals.

I'll try what you suggest and get back.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Signals, thanks for your input.

I tried all that you suggested, leaned the file right down and then told DVDFAB to get on with compressing the original down to BD9 and burn to disc. The same as I did the other day but to BD25 ( which worked perfectly ).

I am still getting two major problems.

Everything appears to go to plan during the compression process etc. When I view the BD9 file produced, the graphical intro screen etc looks perfect, but once the video begins proper, the picture is VERY pixelated and almost has a 'brushed' appearance like an effect from Paint Shop. It plays fine and the audio is there.

If I automate the process and it tries to burn directly to disc I get the "failed to burn to disc, do you want to retry " message.
        I have set it for BD9 from the start. If I try to burn the file from the image made, I get told to insert a BluRay Disc. Why is it asking for a BR disc to burn BD9? LOL. I am loosing it!! LOL.

Comment

1. Please post dvdfab_internal.log, thanks.

If I try to burn the file from the image made, I get told to insert a BluRay Disc.
          We will check this issue asap.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
          X