No subtitles - Moneyball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No subtitles - Moneyball?

I made a backup of the Moneyball Blu Ray disc to a hard drive and then I made a MainMovie subset for a BD25 disc and put it on a hard drive. I checked the "Remove HD Audio" and unchecked all the non-english audio. I did this to minimize the compression required - it still ended up less that 100 (~87%?) when I went to burn. I then did the Write Data to the BD25 disc using the MainMovie subset. I have done this in the past and always got the English subtitles but the BD25 MainMove subset did not require any compression to fit on the disc. MoneyBall is a relatively long movie. Can someone give me a hint on where I went wrong.
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

You posted in the wrong forum, I am moving your thread for more focused assistance.
    Last edited by CBR929; 01-23-2012, 03:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Ken429
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Just curious, what forum did I originally post too? This is still the Blu Ray Copy Forum isn't it?

Attached is the Fab Log. As you can see I have made several Blu Ray backups and Moneyball was the only one where the subtitiles went away.
        Attached Files
        ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Yes, it is NOW in Blu-ray Copy. I think it was in the Ripper forum when you posted it.

Check the original rip (the full disc) to see if the subs play throughout the movie; just spot check for a minute or two at several points from beginning to end. If they are present in the original, try changing decoding from CUDA to Software and try it again. Make sure you have a checkmark in the box for the sub stream that you want to include when setting up the Main Movie run, if they are not checked no subs will be present in the output.

I would also suggest you make the original rips to a BDMV folder instead of an ISO, it adds two steps (writing and reading) to the process and is of no real benefit unless you plan to burn the Full Disc original.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

signals, CBR929,

Couple of additional questions. When I made the full backup it went to a harddrive and it put the files in folders that were the same as what was on the Blu-ray disc.

What made you think I made an ISO file? Is there something in the log I posted?

Is it possible to use VLC MediaPlayer to check to see if the subtitles made it to the hard drive? If so, where is the magic toggle? If no, do I have to go buy a commercial player to get subtitles?

Also, Moneyball was the first Blu-ray that I backed up that Fab said it detected "Cinavia". Could that be causing the subtitle problem? Everything else I have backed up (all three Blu-rays) have subtitles.

Before I try using just software codecs should I pull the Nvidia GTX560TI card and let the Intel (2600K/Z68) GPU do its thing?

Comment

Moneyball Subtitles

The Moneyball BD has english subtitles and DVDFab rips them just fine (I tested this). I always rip the entire title to hard disc folders before doing anything. The subtitles are on the hard disc. Somewhere along the way you must have set something to exclude the subtitles in one of your steps?

Comment

I thought I did the same thing. Can you please tell this learner (dummy?) how I can check if the subtitles are on the "Full Disk" backup I made to the Hard Drive. Does the Log I posted tell anybody anything?

Comment

Rich86,
                  Thanks for the information. I remade the Movie Only (to a Hard Drive) and reburned the Movie Only to a BD-RE disk and by some magic the Subtitles are now available! The BDVM\Stream file on the hard Drive is 23,133,564 on the good file and 23,148,900 on the file with no Subtitles. The problem file was actually bigger?! I must have done something different the second time around to make it OK but I' not sure what the heck it was. At least I know the original Rip to the Hard Drive has all the required stuff.

Comment

I always rip the entire BD to a hard disc folder, making sure everything is being included in the DVDFab setup box (ie. all languages, all subtitles, all sound tracks, etc). I believe that if you use "Blu-Ray Copy - Full Disc" you will always get everything on your hard drive. I also include the DVDFab "miniso", as this makes it really easy to check out your results.
                    My BD burner came with some software packaged in it (Blu-Ray Disc Suite). PowerDVD9 is part of that package. I mount the miniso mentioned above on the DVDFab Virtual Drive (freebie from Fengtao - grab it) and use PowerDVD9 to check things out. If you play the movie, and right click on the screen, you will be able to see exactly what audio tracks you have, subtitles, and turn them on/off to see how they behave. In this way you can also frequently identify a particular subtitle track being used as "forced subtitles" (if that approach is taken) and be sure to include them and default them on.
                    Then you can set up to create a movie only version with the audio tracks and subtitles you choose. I create that movie only version destined for a 25gb media to a folder on my other installed hard disc using a different favorite program other than DVDFab for this purpose - and test it again to make sure all is well. PowerDVD9 does not like to play BDs from folders, so I use Media Player Classic, VLC or Roxio's Cineplayer to test the movie only version. Then I will burn it to a 25gb media using imgburn in "Build" mode.
                    Hope that helps a little.

Comment

Rich86,
                      Thanks for the information. I think I am doing about the same thing as you described but have been using DVDFab Blu-ray Copy to Rip and Shrink and ImgBurn to write the BD25 version. What program do you use to shrink the ripped version of a Blu-ray? BD Rebuilder seems to get a lot of good press.

Comment

This is the DVDFab Forum, not the place for comparing the merits of other software. Please read the General Policies: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=20 and have some respect for the people who make DVDFab and pay for this forum.

Comment

signals,
                          Sorry about that! I did not think freeware was off limits. I have bought several licenses over the years for DVDFab DVD Copy and recently DVDFab Blu-ray Copy so it's not like I'm not paying for the software. If it were not for the help I got on this forum I probably would not be using DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy because the VSO Burner software is not compatible for some reason with the Verbatim BD-R discs and my Sony S550Player (See one of my previous threads). The not to be named freeware burner software works for me and apparently others with no issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X