Blu-Ray Backup Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray Backup Info

Okay, my problem is that I want to back up my Blu-Rays the way it is suggested in the forums. ie...have original disc targeted to a folder in one's hardrive, taking the result and compressing, if necessary to another folder and then burning the result to a disc using ImgBurn.
    My problem is that when I do all of the above, I can't figure out what to do in ImgBurn. Do I click "Write image to file disc"? or "Write files/folders to disc"?
    Then, what folders do I pick? I recently downloaded Contagion which didn't need any compression. I followed the above rules and it didn't wok. So what I did was put the original disc into the burner and used my Blu-Ray burner as the target. It worked fine and I made the back-up copy. I really want to use the other method as I don't want to shorten the life of my burner. Thanks for any help!

ImgBurn has to be in Build mode to process the BDMV folder into a burnable image (ISO) file. The Target for Build mode can be your hard drive or a blank disc in your optical drive.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

blu ray backup

The imgburn option to select is "Write files/ folders to disc" When imgburn opens click on the file logo and navigate to the folder to which you sent the main movie.Right click on this folder and select OPEN.Keep doing this until
      you get the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders.Highlight these and click SELECT FOLDER. Now click on the calculator to check that the file is not too big for the blank. If all is ok click the arrow and wait for imgburn to do its magic. It is a
      good idea to uncheck the veify option as I have found to my cost, it wears the drive out awful quick

Comment

If ImgBurn is set up in DVDFab to be the burning engine there is no need to open ImgBurn. What I do is open DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy. Then Drag & Drop the entire folder, in your case Contagion, into DVDFab. Set the size to 25GB & it should show as 100% because there is no need for compression. Then on the left-hand side of DVDFab, switch to "Write Data" & click on start. ImgBurn will automatically open & burn to disc.

If you have a movie that is larger than 25GB's, DVDfab will show at something less than 100% when you set the output to 25GB. In this case DVDFab will compress the movie to a temporary file. Then ImgBurn will automatically open & burn that temp file to your disc & should automatically delete the temp file when completed.

Comment

@ everybody who replied...Thank You!!!
          I liked the option of going to the Contagion folder and dragin and dropping it. It worked. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X