This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning for new PS3 update and Cinavia

After the new firmware(4.1) update last night for the PS3 I just happen to put in my Friends with Benefits backup (Cinavia "fixed" BD backup) and the muted error code 3 came up shortly into the movie. I then tried Zookeeper with same result. It seems the new firmware no longer allows the playing of any of the backups done with the cinavia fix of DVDFab.

Those 2 movies play fine in my other PS3 that doesn't have the new firmware.

Originally posted by olimage View Post
    After the new firmware(4.1) update last night for the PS3 I just happen to put in my Friends with Benefits backup (Cinavia "fixed" BD backup) and the muted error code 3 came up shortly into the movie. I then tried Zookeeper with same result. It seems the new firmware no longer allows the playing of any of the backups done with the cinavia fix of DVDFab.

Those 2 movies play fine in my other PS3 that doesn't have the new firmware.
    Thanks for checking & info.

Comment

After reading this post I decided to pop in one of my Cinavia movies (RE Afterlife), and sure enough, I get the warning Message Code 3 to pop up after about 20 minutes.

Not good. Not good at all.

Comment

Cinavia

That's one of the reasons why i don't update PS3 firmware unless forced to --- I've been a Sony 'fan' for nearly 40 years and everything I have (practically) is Sony --- BUT I won't be buying any of their products at all in the future --- Any Cinavia protected BD's have been ripped to MKV and played back over the network via another brand ---- BYE-BYE SONY

Comment

Hopefully they fix this issue soon! Sucks knowing that all my backed up Cinavia movies are almost worthless now, as my PS3 is my main Blu-Ray watching method. I do have a standalone player, but it's in a different room.

Time to go buy another player I guess.

Comment

Not to keep going on that this sucks... Hope there is a fix for this but then sony will just do another update and it wont work again. I guess what is the best stand alone player to get now.
            "living the dream"

Comment

Removal of Cinavia will be the only effective fix that they can't cripple with firmware changes. This discussion can be continued in the Cinavia sticky thread. Let the PS3 be a game platform, get a (non-Sony) BD player.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, please do not update the firmware of PS3 to 4.10.
                Never.

Comment

Working...
                X