Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recoding speed in newer versions of DVDFab seems slower

Hi,

It seems to me that encoding times in newer offical releases of DVDFab have increased (meaning: DVDFab encoding has become slower in newer releases).

I'm still in the process of testing several (older) versions/builds of DVDFab of the same blu-ray that needs little (94%) compression to fit on a BD25. I'll get back to this thread to submit my findings.

In the mean time, do any of you have the same experience?

v8.1.6.3 Qt CUDA was about 4 times slower than v8.1.3.6

Yes, v8.1.6.3 Qt was running really slow. CUDA processing was taking over 8 hours. I went back to v8.1.3.6 Qt and the same movie took less than 2h 15m.

Comment

I think a default setting was changed, check your encoding settings in Common Settings->Blu-ray Copy to see if they are set for high or slow speed.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        I think a default setting was changed, check your encoding settings in Common Settings->Blu-ray Copy to see if they are set for high or slow speed.
        Thanks for the pointer, but I believe the setting remained unchanged. That is, I'm sure I have always used the "Slow Speed / High Quality" setting for best possible end results. Even if the default setting in newer versions of DVDFab is "Slow Speed / High Quality" (and changed during setup), the setting remains the same for me.

Comment

Sometimes I get a disc that no matter what I do it decodes slowly. Normally all eight of my cores are at 90+% and cpu speed is 4GHz which usually takes about 50 min. to re-encode, but every once and a while I get one where all cores are at around 10% and 1.6GHz cpu speed.

Comment

Hi vtpeters,

We did changed profile for "slow speed / high quality" in recent version, it will be slower but higher quality compared to old version.

Best Regards,
            Fengtao
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hi Rex,

The disc may be vc-1 or mpeg-2 encoded, not h264 encoded, please check it and let us know, thanks.

Best Regards,
              Fengtao
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.

Comment

Hi lapac,

We will test cuda speed issue ASAP, thanks.

Best Regards,
                Fengtao

Comment

Hi there,
                  I test BD copy compress BD50 to BD 25 using 2012.iso(h264 source) with CUDA decoding and encoding between fab release 8163 and 8136. The 8163 takes about 80 minutes and the 8136 takes about 90 minutes. So there is no serious difference about CUDA decoding and encoding between 8136 and 8163.

Comment

Working...
                  X