extreme slowdown in newer versions of DVDFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extreme slowdown in newer versions of DVDFab

As an example "Rise of The Planet of The Apes" takes approx. 1:30 to process in 8083. With exact same setup this movie takes 6 hours with 8183 and 8185.
    Program windows capture attached to show slow down differences.
    Attached Files

Not related but do not rip directly from drive. Dvdfab change the way it compress in later version. You may want to reset fab to default setting.
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Hi kenjo

Please post your logs the default location is:
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal logand post right here.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

requested logs

Here are the Internal logs for the backup on 8083 and 8165.
        Thank You for your help.
        Ken
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi kenjo Please do not compress from your drive
          First save it to your HDD as "Main Movie" BD50 without compression.
          Then open the hard drive folder select BD25 to compress to another folder on your hard drive.
          Use the "Write Data" mode of Fab to open this COMPRESSED folder and burn to a disk.
          Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.

Also Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

There have been many changes between these two versions, too many to be able to determine the reason for what you are seeing. In Common Settings->Blu-ray Copy, make sure the encoding settings at the bottom are set for "Fast Speed/Normal Quality". You can also experiment with the AV Codec settings. Lightning Recoding I believe is now disabled internally if you have any of the GPU accelerations enabled.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

results

With nothing changed in my usual processing, except "Disabling all GPU codes", the process time dropped in 8165 from 6 hours to 1:20. That is well in line with what i've gotten in the past.
              Thank You very much to all for the advice!!
              Ken

Comment

Your welcome

Comment

Working...
                X