Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu-Ray Copy fails reading on 00003.m2ts Task_1 failed Error 102.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray Copy fails reading on 00003.m2ts Task_1 failed Error 102.

Hi,
    I am getting errors trying to copy blu-ray discs. I can successfully copy DVDs with the blu-ray drive, but blu-ray discs fail. I am doing Full Disc to ISO, to be able to see some steps as they happen (when I try Clone to ISO, there's no indication, and it just hangs).

In general it seems to have trouble when it gets to a m2ts file.

Attached are my system specs and logs.
    This is a fairly new system, Gigabyte motherboard, 8 GB RAM, SSD for OS, HDD for data, external Buffalo USB 3.0 Blu-Ray drive.

I changed the A/V settings to Software only, and unchecked Enable Lightning-Recording.
    I tried Remove HD Audio, but the scanning hangs.
    I pointed the Output, Log, and Temp folders to the hard disk D drive, separate from the OS SSD drive.

Attached are logs for Star Trek blu-ray, which fails with:
    Copy 00003.m2ts failed, Task_1 failed! Error=102.

Also attached are successful logs for DVD copy of another movie, both with Full Disc to ISO, and Clone to ISO.

Note the logs are sequential, so the subsequent successful logs seem to also have the earlier failures (just to note this; it was confusing me for a moment).

Thanks in advance,
    Bob
    Attached Files

102 is a read error, "can't read file".
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Goodeye, the read error means the disc is either dirty, scratched or defective.

Comment

Thanks for the responses - at least I know it's not memory or hard drive, or something like that.

It's every blu-ray disc though. I'm now chasing down that it reads ok when the drive is plugged into a USB 2 port, instead of the USB 3 (but it's also ok reading a dvd disc in this drive on the USB 3 port).

Using the Buffalo drive:
        dvd on USB3 = ok
        blu-ray on USB2 = ok
        blu-ray on USB3 = error

I'll need to do some elimination to find out if it's the drive, the port on the motherboard, or DVDFab reading the blu-ray/usb3 combination.

I'll post when I know more.

Thanks for your time,
        Bob

Comment

Just following up with what I learned so far. The motherboard has an Etron USB chip on it, which has lots of posts about being troublesome. Upgrading the Etron driver didn't help. When I used an interface card with an NEC USB chip, it worked fine.

The USB interface card is made by Buffalo, so it may still be something specific to Buffalo, or it may be the general consensus about success with NEC and trouble with Etron.

So now it's:
          All using Buffalo blu-ray drive:
          dvd on Etron USB3 = ok
          blu-ray on Etron USB2 = ok
          blu-ray on Etron USB3 = error
          blu-ray on Buffalo NEC USB3 = ok

I'm probably done mixing and matching for now, since I have a solution that works. An interesting combination would be the Buffalo drive on a non-Buffalo-card NEC chip.

Thanks,
          Bob

Comment

Working...
          X