Testing with BD-RE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing with BD-RE

Is testing first with making a copy to a BD-RE and if it works doing a "clone" procedure to an BD-R a workable plan?

Thanks

Yep!
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Its a very smart plan, I do it and some will say its just added time to backing up but I feel as though its better than making coasters.
      Lancool K-56 case.
      OCZ 700watt PSU.
      MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
      AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
      ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
      16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
      OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
      WD 2TB.
      EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
      LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

When beginning doing blurays, I was doing this, but found out that once you get a good copy on your HDD that you can play back, its normally okay then to put it over to a permament disc.
        There are some exceptions, but far and few.
        Once I felt good about my HDD copies, I started skipping testing on the rewritables.
        Its not a bad plan to use them, but once you are used to dvdfab and the rips - then it just becomes a waste of time and more wear on your burner.

I never trusted my rewritables after a handfull of uses. I sometimes got differing results because of the media also.

Was using maxell rewritables.

Comment

Disc

Stop wasting money on disc and go get a media player and hdd cheaper than disc and no coasters
          ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

This is all very good advice. I think that once you can trust your 1)blank media and 2)optical drive there should not be a need to BD-RE each backup. There will be occasional problems with specific content and maybe even a specific version of DVDFab or one of the burn engines, but writing to a hard drive first and testing the playback from there will cover most of that and drop the coaster count way down. Media Players are definitely the future.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I agree that media players can be the future but there are so many people who still prefer the physcial medium. And lets face it HDD and SSD can fail.
              Lancool K-56 case.
              OCZ 700watt PSU.
              MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
              AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
              ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
              16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
              OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
              WD 2TB.
              EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
              LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

At some point Cinavia will force our hand.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

This is not an issue if you put a proper backup strategy in place.

Originally posted by unknownbluray View Post
                  And lets face it HDD and SSD can fail.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    At some point Cinavia will force our hand.
                    Must have faith.. At some point the wonderful people here will figure out a way around Cinavia....

Comment

I have faith, but Cinavia is a tuff nut to crack!
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

No problems on Media Players.... No nut to crack!!

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                        I have faith, but Cinavia is a tuff nut to crack!
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          Unless Sony makes it!
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Indeed, but then again, I don't figure Sony in any of my calculations. I've voted with my wallet and they are gone, gone, gone....

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            Unless Sony makes it!

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                              Well, hopefully these CPU manufacturers can iron out the 23.976 true framerate for movie playback because it's irritating occasionally seeing frames drop or added on CPU powered playback. Sandy and Ivy Bridge still didn't get it right. The only fix I've discovered online is NVIDIA graphics cards with customizable framerates.

Last edited by SuperFist; 06-24-2012, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X