very new to dvdfab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very new to dvdfab

I am a first time user and want to transfer my blurays to hd with the higest possible audio and video (1080p, lossless audio) in the most user friendly way. If I use bluray copy, should I use the folder or ISO option for the HD copy? And what is the difference between a "copy" and "rip?" Finally, what playback software is recommended? I currently have power dvd9. thank you .

That's ok! No matter copy to folder or ISO. Since PowerDVD9 does not support to play the folder source directly, you need download DVDFab Virtual Driver (free tool) to mount the .miniso file and then playback in PowerDVD. http://www.dvdfab.com/virtual_drive.htm
    You can install DVDFabMediaPlayer on your PC, it could play the protected disc directly, folder, ISO and video file.

Hope you enjoy the product!

For the difference between copy and ripper, you could convert the BD to different video format(mp4, mkv, avi...); you could backup you bd to bd25, bd9 and bd5 in BD Copy, and burn the bd to blank disc.
    More info please visit the introduce of BD Copy & BD ripper.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 08-20-2012, 02:01 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you, Wilson. I don't understand the title start/end settings/chapter range. Do I need to make a choice here if I already checked main movie? If so, what do I do - it's confusing. And I assume that I should uncheck "remove hd audio" and the subpicture checks if I want lossless audio with no subtitles? Thanks. Again

Comment

Originally posted by gerall View Post
        Thank you, Wilson. I don't understand the title start/end settings/chapter range. Do I need to make a choice here if I already checked main movie? If so, what do I do - it's confusing. And I assume that I should uncheck "remove hd audio" and the subpicture checks if I want lossless audio with no subtitles? Thanks. Again
        The chapter selections can be left alone. Sometimes the ending credits will be the last chapter & you can take that one out & it will help with less compression. I wouldn't worry to much about it though. If you want the best quality in audio, yes uncheck the "Remove HD Audio". If you plan on doing a lot of movies to your HD You want to go into DVDfab's "Common Settings" & tick "Always create a miniso file".

Comment

COPY = DVD/BluRay to DVD/BluRay

RIP = DVD/BluRay to File (avi, mpeg, mov)

Comment

thank you. I'm still a bit confused - if use "bluray copy" to copy blu ray to hd folder or iso that is not a rip?

Comment

thank you. I'm still a bit confused - if use "bluray copy" to copy blu ray to hd folder or iso that is not a rip?
              Hi gerall
              First of all you have 2 usernames, that is against forum rules.
              In your reply post tell me which one you want to keep, the other is going to be deleted.

Blu-ray Copy Features http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-copy.htm

Blu-ray Ripper Features http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-ripper.htm

CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Sorry. Let's keep gerall. Any chance I can get an answer to my question? Thank you.

Comment

That is commonly called a rip in some circles. Other places, including here, a rip also involves converting the content to another format (like CD Audio to MP3) so that is not what the Copy modules do, it is done by the Ripper modules. What you are doing is a Copy.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                  X