Liteon iHBS112 binding nonce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liteon iHBS112 binding nonce

I have been trying to make a protected copy blu ray to play in my PS3. I've done some research and found out that my Liteon iHS112 does not support binding nonce. If I read correctly your drive has to support that in order to make a protected blu ray that can play in the PS3. So far every copy I have made has stopped the audio at the 20 minute mark. I have been using rewriteable disc to make these copies. I planning on getting a new blu ray burner that supports binding nonce. When I get a new drive that supports this can I use my rewritable blu ray disc to make protected copies or do I have to use regular bd r disc that you only write to once?

I do not have a PS3 but I think I can help you.

According to the forum FAQ on cinavia, if your PS3 firmware is 4.10 or higher then you will not be able to play any DVDFab backups. They are working on a solution to this problem. If your PS3 firmware version is 4.0 or less then you will need that binding nonce and there is a list of supported drives here

It should make no difference if you use a BD-R or a rewritable. If it works for 20 minutes then your disk is readable.

Question: If you convert the movie to DVD-9 or DVD-5 does it still stop after 20 minutes?

Comment

sam_s
      Sugestion: if your PS3 firmware is in the Cinavia range, take the money you would spend on a new burner and buy a real, dedicted media player box made by someone besides Sony.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Bravo, best answer of all!!

Comment

Keep in mind that ALL blu-ray players licensed after February 2012 are required to include support for cinavia. If you consider buying a new standalone blu-ray player from any manufacturer, be careful what you choose if you expect to be able to play cinavia infected copies.

Comment

Working...
          X