BD-5 and BD-9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD-5 and BD-9

Hi, please excuse my ignorance, but are BD-5 and BD-9 (for compression) actually DVDs?

They are AVCHD (BD-style) content and file system recorded on a DVD blank. They will play in most standalone Blu-ray players but not in DVD players.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you. So although the wording of the features of Blu Ray Copy suggest you can copy a Blu Ray onto DVD, it is only still in Blu Ray format, and the only way to copy onto DVD in DVD format is to also buy Blu Ray to DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdr880 View Post
        Thank you. So although the wording of the features of Blu Ray Copy suggest you can copy a Blu Ray onto DVD, it is only still in Blu Ray format, and the only way to copy onto DVD in DVD format is to also buy Blu Ray to DVD?
        Yes you are correct, you would have to purchase Blu-Ray to DVD if you want to play your movie in a DVD player if you do not have a Blu-Ray player.

I'm confussed as to why someone would buy a Blu-Ray disc and not have a Blu-Ray player, unless you only have a Blu-Ray player one in one room but DVD players in other rooms.

CBR929
        Last edited by CBR929; 09-04-2012, 12:34 AM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thank you. i am not going to get into why, but you have answered my question.

Comment

Working...
          X