How do I make subtitles show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make subtitles show

I noticed that on some of the blurays I burned that those needed subtitles that show on the originals disc doesn't show unless I turn on show subtitles.

I'm not talking about showing subtitles all the time, just when a character is speaking non English.

I use Bluray copy to rip the movie to the harddrive, then I use bluray copy to burn just the movie title itself with subtitles to a bluray blank.

Now how do I set the title I burn to "display forced subpicture" onto the new disc?

this can be done when using bluray ripper to convert a bluray to say a m4v format. I can make the subtitle/subpicture display when someone speaks non english.

Any thoughts?

They should show if you include the stream that has the forced subs when you make both rips. You did not say which copy mode you used for the first process from disc to HDD. Include all the available sub streams for the target language when you extract the main movie title in the second process.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "copy mode".

I used Bluray copy choosing just the main movie and including the english subpictures.

Is that what you are asking?

Comment

Originally posted by rdefino View Post
        I noticed that on some of the blurays I burned that those needed subtitles that show on the originals disc doesn't show unless I turn on show subtitles.

I'm not talking about showing subtitles all the time, just when a character is speaking non English.
        I'm afraid you're not going to be able to do this on all discs. It depends on how the subtitles are encoded. The movies wherein this occurs were designed that way. It's not something that is inherent in DVDFab or in the Blu-ray player. In normal movies, you must strip out the unnecessary language from the subtitle stream which is a long arduous process, especially with Blu-ray. I know because I've done it several times and I've given it up because ultimately it's not worth the time or the headache with the different programs you have to use.
        Last edited by SuperFist; 09-19-2012, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X