This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass thru HD 7.1 Audio

I was under the impression that Blu Ray copy would also copy the audio exactly. I have tried many blu ray main movie copies and still have not had one that output HD 7.1 sound. Every one has been down converted to HD 5.1 sound. If the software is supposed to copy same as source, then how do I set it up to do it.

You don't need three threads on the same issue.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

There were three post in three differtent threads for the following reasons. One was in the blu ray ripper thread in case someone was able to get it to work and could offer suggestions. One was in the Blu Ray copy thread for the same reason, and the third was in the features request thread so that if the software did not now have the ability to decode HD 7.1, then maybe the developers could add it to their long list of options to add in future upgrades. Since I am having this problem in two different parts of the software, I felt it prudent to ask for help in each thread in case others who had more experienc with the software had suggestions to help.

As a moderator and I assume one who would know about the workings of the software, maybe you could have offered suggestions on how to overcome this problem instead of criticising customers trying to get help with the software.

Comment

For Blu-ray Copy, DVDFab will not down convert 7.1 HD audio to 5.1 HD audio, there are only two choices: 1. keep original HD audio, 5.1 or 7.1; 2. Remove HD audio, keep only AC3 or DTS (DVD quality audio).
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

My experience supports what has been said by fengtao - I generally do a full copy to hard drive in file/folder mode keeping HD audio, and get the full 7.1 audio track if that is what is on the source disc.

Comment

I can also vouch what fengtao and Rich86 said is indeed true. Every 7.1 HD audio track on movies I've backed up has been retained as long as I don't check "Remove HD Audio". It's been that way as long as I've been using DVDFab Blu-ray Copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Maiisoh View Post
              I was under the impression that Blu Ray copy would also copy the audio exactly. I have tried many blu ray main movie copies and still have not had one that output HD 7.1 sound. Every one has been down converted to HD 5.1 sound. If the software is supposed to copy same as source, then how do I set it up to do it.
              As superfist says Maaisoh make sure ''remove hd audio'' is unticked ;youl'e find it under common settings; bd copy menu - green tick up top on the main page

If its ticked you will be getting 5.1 lossy either dts core or dd5.1 ;not lossless..
              Dvdfab does not downmix 7.1 lossless to 5.1 lossless the codecs arent similar enough. dtshdma uses a core[lossy] + extension algorithm . Dolby truehd has an entirely separate lossy track ; the lossless uses mlp totally different codec derived from dvd audio so even dolby is complicated in itself

Comment

How do I get 7.1 audio?...No person can answer that.

Comment

Originally posted by AusTvl01 View Post
                  How do I get 7.1 audio?...No person can answer that.
                  The most obvious way is to make sure you have a Blu-ray that outputs in 7.1 HD audio, not just 5.1.

And first of all, your "question" is so general, I don't think anyone would be able to answer you because there are so many scenarios given that you didn't give any details or clues as to what your problem is and what you are trying to accomplish. DVDFab has many settings and features and we just can't guess which one you're attempting to use with "7.1 audio".

Also, if you read this thread from start to finish, even though it's very old , you'll understand that it has been answered.
                  Last edited by SuperFist; 06-08-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks SF. It has also been answered by the DVDFab staff in another thread that AusTV started on the same subject. I am closing this one.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X