• Show
Clear All

Led Zepplin

c ant compresse to 25gb because its under 25 gb

Comment

Copy doing Full Disc - DVDFab tries to compress it,

Copy Mode: Full Disc

Target Disc:Type BD25 1080p/i 23.563 GB -> 22.461 GB

and it hangs at 98.14% in the compressing process.

Now if you tried to clone it to a BD25.

You select Burn to clone it to a BD25 you get the message

Media inserted in drive H: is not double layer blu-ray disc.
      Please insert a double layer blu-ray to start the write process.
      Last edited by Holoperson; 12-23-2012, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Same issue with v8.2.2.6QT

Comment

Still Same issue with v9.0.1.8 Beta

Comment

Same issue with v9.0.2.0

Comment

v9.0.2.2 a Step Backwards...

Well v9.0.2.2 is a major step backwards here with Led Zeppelin Celebration Day now instead of getting to 98.14% and stalling ... it is only getting to 0.36% and now the Task Time Elapsed freezes at 00.01.39 and Task Time Left freezes at 04:00:34 as well but the program still let's you cancel the copy, so the program itself isn't frozen, just the reencode...
              this is with Disable all GPU codecs Checked and Unchecked Enable Lightning-Recoding.
              using a iso image of the 50BD from the hard drive,
              same issue going from the original Bluray...

So Why is it so hard to compress this Bluray?

log files attached...
              Attached Files

Comment

Still not working

OK... V9.0.2.3 Beta still having the same issue, we had before, of compression stalling at 98.14% it is a step in the right direction from v9.0.2.2 which made the problem worst.

I have disabled all GPU codecs
                I have also disabled the Lightning-Recoding

So BD50 to BD25 compression is stalling, either from original disk or a iso copy of the BD50 on the hard drive, as no problem to copy onto a BD50 disk or a BD50 Image on the hard drive.
                only when you try to go from BD50 to BD25 do we have this issue.

The program starts the compression and it will get to 98.14% and then it just sits there.

I see a lot of other people having issues with the compression process stalling... why isn't this being fixed?

Comment

Just tried with v9.0.2.4 Beta and still the exact same problem with the reencoding from BD50 to BD25 stalling at 98.14% with ALL GPU Codecs Disabled and No Lightning-Recoding... This has been a problem since November...

Comment

Since you have had this issue for what seems like months, maybe you ought to make the jump and invest in a 50GB disk, so you can backup this disk.....Just a thought.
                    "Are you still master of your domain?"
                    Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by dcc1048 View Post
                      Since you have had this issue for what seems like months, maybe you ought to make the jump and invest in a 50GB disk, so you can backup this disk.....Just a thought.
                      Well dcc1048, I bought this Great Program to make backups on BD25's as it is a feature of the program, I have BD50-RE and BD-50 disks but I want to back this up to a BD25... Your response of maybe you ought to make the jump and invest in a 50GB disk is akin to saying "My Car can not turn Right so why don't you just make 3 left turns to go in the direction you want to... it's not the job to fix the car to turn right, as you can get there making 3 lefts"...

And other people are having issues NOW with DVDFab not being able to compress BD50 to BD25 that worked in the past, examples are Men In Black 3, Star Trek 4 The Voyage Home, Etc... and reinstalling the old Version like v8.0.8.5 Does not resolve the issue... something has changed with DVDFab, and reinstalling the former versions that worked before is not resolving the issue, it's like a file got installed, and installing the old version, does not replace the newer file with the issue with the older version of the file that worked... and it has nothing to do with CUDA as we have Disable All GPU codecs and have not enabled Lightning-Recoding, so it is all software encoding...

This problem needs to be resolved.

Comment

Have you tried version 9.0.2.5 on it yet?
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

I have, and I still have the same problem. When compressing to BD25 it always stalls at around 10 percent or so. It happens with BD's that I own and have copied before. I can't compress any BD's anymore. I tried an experiment today and downloaded a free blu ray reencoding program (BD Rebuilder) I directed it to a BD50 file of Avengers on my hard drive DVDFab did and it compressed it down to BD25 I then burned a copy using DVDFAb the only problem is the subtitles were stuck on. I'm going to try again copying it to BD50 but no subtitles and see if I can get a working copy that way. It all seems so strange to my why I can't compress with DVDFAb anymore.

Comment

That is strange. I tried one this morning and all went fine. That was before I upgraded to 9.0.2.5. My attempt was from the disc to the HDD it shouldn't make a difference but I'll rip one to the HDD full and try compressing from there.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi, I just tried with v9.0.2.5 from the Original Blu Ray to a BD25 All GPU codecs Disabled and did not enable Lightning-Recoding...

Still Stalls at 98.14% of encoding (compression)
                              I can copy as a BD50 to the Hard Drive still but Compressing from the hard drive to a BD25 still stalls... at the same 98.14%

Here are the latest logs from the Original Blu Ray to a BD25 attempt... with v9.0.2.5

Please Fix this Great Program!!!

Thank You!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                                That is strange. I tried one this morning and all went fine. That was before I upgraded to 9.0.2.5. My attempt was from the disc to the HDD it shouldn't make a difference but I'll rip one to the HDD full and try compressing from there.
                                With DVDFab I went to my BD50 Avengers file that I did previously with DVDFab and I made another full BD50 copy, but this time, I eleminated the close caption. Then I used BD Rebuilder to compress the file down for a BD25which it did successfully. Then I used DVDFab to burn it onto a disc. It worked great. It seems I'm not the only one having this problem. For some strange reason no matter what setting I use in DVDFab it will not under any circumstances, whether I copy to file, or copy to disc, software, Cudas, and everything in between let me compress a DB50 version to a BD25 version. This is so frustrating it seems I'm not the only one with this problem. I don't know what else to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X