Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m2ts files blu ray

hi
    first blu ray i've burned titanic 3d and wanted to put it on my media player to watch.

files are different to dvd vob files will they play on my freecom media player 450 wlan or will i have to convert them
    any help would be great.
    ps i have 3d tv
    Last edited by mrbasilbrush; 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM.

No your media player can't do 3d read the specs. before you buy something here's whats on it's internet sight - Movie Player: store and play back DivX/MPEG-4 movies in DVD & HD* quality,Video compression formatsAVI, MPEG4/2/1, XVID, DIVX, WMV so if you convert the 3d movie to side by side 3d it may work.Try converting just a chapter then see if you can transfer it to the media player to play it providing your tv does 3d side by side most do.
    Last edited by glenns; 02-27-2013, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      No your media player can't do 3d read the specs. before you buy something here's whats on it's internet sight - Movie Player: store and play back DivX/MPEG-4 movies in DVD & HD* quality so if you convert the 3d movie to side by side 3d it may work.Try converting just a chapter then see if you can transfer it to the media player to play it providing your tv does 3d side by side most do.
      thanks for helping.
      i'm afraid i'm a bit of an idiot at these things could you give me a rough guide on how to go about converting a chapter to 3d side by side

Comment

Go to blu-ray copy select main movie put 3d movie into fab you can drag it in with your mouse then click the file fab has picked out normally the top file and click it.Their you will see chapter you will see 2 rows of numbers on the left and right side click the numbers on the left a pull down box comes up with all the movies chapters.

Select chapter 1 on the left side then go to the right side hit that pull down box and select chapter 2 so now it will do from chapter 1-2 ok now on the bottom of the page output -select dvd 9.

Where you see SAVE TO you will see your drive listed in this box this is where you change the output to a folder on your hard drive or to the media players drive so you can convert to the media players drive if its connected to the computer.If not change it to a folder and then transfer it later.

To do this click on the hand holding a blu-dvd next to the folder find your media players drive and select this so it shows up in the SAVE TO box if you want to have it sent their if not or if your media players drive is not connected to the computer then in this SAVE TO box you select a fab folder to put it in so you can transfer it out after you make it ok.

Then click next the 3d page comes up click on make side by side 3d and make sure the bottom box has dvd9 selected then hit start and when done the file is on your media players hard drive or in a Fab made main movie file that you can transfer over to your media player or if making a disk you can burn from this folder.Hope it works for you.

Comment

Go to blu-ray copy select main movie put 3d movie into fab you can drag it in with your mouse then click the file fab has picked out normally the top file and click it.Their you will see chapter you will see 2 rows of numbers on the left and right side click the numbers on the left a pull down box comes up with all the movies chapters.

Select chapter 1 on the left side then go to the right side hit that pull down box and select chapter 2 so now it will do from chapter 1-2 ok now on the bottom of the page output -select dvd 9.

Where you see SAVE TO you will see your drive listed in this box this is where you change the output to a folder on your hard drive or to the media players drive so you can convert to the media players drive if its connected to the computer.If not change it to a folder and then transfer it later.

To do this click on the hand holding a blu-dvd next to the folder find your media players drive and select this so it shows up in the SAVE TO box if you want to have it sent their if not or if your media players drive is not connected to the computer then in this SAVE TO box you select a fab folder to put it in so you can transfer it out after you make it ok.

Then click next the 3d page comes up click on make side by side 3d and make sure the bottom box has dvd9 selected then hit start and when done the file is on your media players hard drive or in a Fab made main movie file that you can transfer over to your media player or if making a disk you can burn from this folder.Hope it works for you.
          thanks so much, i'll give it a go and let you know

Comment

hi
            i have followed the instructions and given it a try, but i cant find the 3d side by side bit. when you change the output to dvd9 the next button disappears and just a start button shows. i have tried it over and over and the same thing happens .am i doing something wrong?

Comment

Ok you can only do what i told you in the last post in version 9 you must have version 8 of fab so lets do the whole main movie.

Under blu-ray copy select Main movie at the little box on the bottom of the page that says size select bd9 1080p.

Then click the hand holding the dvd next to the folder and find your media players hard drive if its hooked up to the computer if not select a fab folder on your hard drive(main movie) so whats in the output box outputs to the place you want the converted file.

If you wanted to make a dvd you would leave your hard drive listed in that box and load a 2 layer 8.5 gig regular dvd for Fab to burn after the conversion.

Now hit next that brings you to the 3d page and the 3d choice down where it says how to copy blu ray 3d their is a check box that says convert to sbs 3d that's side by side 3d so check that box and then start.

The conversion can take a few hours then the file will be in a fab main movie folder or the media players hard drive depending what you put in the output box.
              Last edited by glenns; 02-28-2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Ok you can only do what i told you in the last post in version 9 you must have version 8 of fab so lets do the whole main movie.

Under blu-ray copy select Main movie at the little box on the bottom of the page that says size select bd9 1080p.

Then click the hand holding the dvd next to the folder and find your media players hard drive if its hooked up to the computer if not select a fab folder on your hard drive(main movie) so whats in the output box outputs to the place you want the converted file.

If you wanted to make a dvd you would leave your hard drive listed in that box and load a 2 layer 8.5 gig regular dvd for Fab to burn after the conversion.

Now hit next that brings you to the 3d page and the 3d choice down where it says how to copy blu ray 3d their is a check box that says convert to sbs 3d that's side by side 3d so check that box and then start.

The conversion can take a few hours then the file will be in a fab main movie folder or the media players hard drive depending what you put in the output box.
                thanks for getting back to me, will the media player play the bd9 files

Comment

I think it will as after conversion it's no longer a 3d blu ray but a data file mpeg4 Avc and i think you will be able to use a data 3d file with your player.Please give it a try and let me know.I edited the last post so reread it again to make sure you have the right directions ok.Your player says it plays mpeg4 but it doesn't say avc just avi so lets try ok.

You can also use version 9 of fab and just do a chapter if you want to find out faster if your media player will play this file.Now if you just brought that media player and can return it you can buy a better one as that model a lot of people said was not a good media player and others had lots of trouble with it.For $140. you could get a much better one.
                  Last edited by glenns; 02-28-2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I think it will as after conversion it's no longer a 3d blu ray but a data file and i think you will be able to use a data 3d file with your player.Please give it a try and let me know.I edited the last post so reread it again to make sure you have the right directions ok.

You can also use version 9 of fab and just do a chapter if you want to find out faster if your media player will play this file.Now if you just brought that media player and can return it you can buy a better one as that model a lot of people said was not a good media player and others had lots of trouble with it.For $140. you could get a much better one.
                    i'm still having problems it must be me.
                    i go onto dvd copy, choose main movie, choose dvd9 1080p i , put in where i want it to go then click next. instead of bringing up 3d options it now brings up options...
                    1/ remove hd video
                    2/ convert dts/lpcm audio to ac3 and two others you cant check create protected and miniso file.. please help

Comment

Your trying to convert a blu ray so you need blu ray copy not dvd copy.If you don't have blu-ray copy you can try it free for 30 days.

Comment

Your trying to convert a blu ray so you need blu ray copy not dvd copy.If you don't have blu-ray copy you can try it free for 30 days.
                        it says i'm in blu ray copy trial version

Comment

Maybe the trial version won't let you compress a 3d movie to side by side i am not sure someone from Fab is going to have to answer this question.

Comment

Maybe the trial version won't let you compress a 3d movie to side by side i am not sure someone from Fab is going to have to answer this question.
                            thanks for trying how do i get hold of someone at fab for help

Comment

They will read it here and may answer it when they read it or you can email support and wait a day or 2 for a reply.let me see who's online now and see if i can pm one for a answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X