Utterly Bizzare Sound Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utterly Bizzare Sound Problem?

I just started using a new system I built, basic specs are Asus Sabertooth x79 motherboard, Intel i7-3820, 16GB ram, Asus GTX570 display adapter, 2 X 2TB Western Digital Black Editions hard drives, running Windows 8 Pro.

As strange as this may seem when I start DVDFab 9.0.2.8 if I'm watching any XFinity streaming TV or movie in either FireFox or Internet Explorer as soon as DVDFab starts the sound in either web browser cuts out. When this happens the only way to fix it is to close and reopen the browser and restart whatever I was watching.

This is a brand new system and I'm using the latest available Intel chipset and Realtek drivers for the motherboard and sound.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Why does starting DVDFab cause the sound in my web browser(s) to stop working?

- Norm

9.0.2.8 Utterly Bizzare Sound Problem?

Also after opening DVDFab and sound went out in IE, I closed and restarted IE and the show I was watching (with DVDFab already open); I ripped a movie and when it finished I closed DVDFab (without thinking) and as soon as it closed the sound again went out inside the browser.

- Norm

Comment

9.0.2.8 Utterly Bizzare Sound Problem?

Just for a test, I went to Hulu in FireFox 19.0.2 and while playing a random episode of something I started DVDFab 9 and the sound went out again.

I'm really at a loss as to explain this problem since I can open any other program including DVDFab 8.2.2.8 and not have this happen.

So this is a problem specific to version 9, has anyone see anything like this?

- Norm

Comment

Norm
        That is certainly odd. I can't duplicate it watching YouTube or a remote Slingbox in IE8 in win7 and v9.0.3.1 of Fab.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

v9.0.2.8 Utterly Bizzare Sound Problem?

Well, you're testing this on Windows 7 and I certainly had no problems like this on that platform either but this is a brand spanking new Windows 8 Pro system that's not even a month old.

As I mentioned, I tried watching something in Hulu and FireFox 19.0.2 and when I opened or closed DVDFab 9.0.2.8 it killed the sound in the browser. (I didn't test IE but it probably has the same problem) Unlike watching something on the Comcast streaming service hitting the browsers reload button got the sound going again.

I can't really make sense of this the fact that both IE and FireFox are affected by this problem and it happens only with DVDFab 9.x and not 8.x is just strange. What is it about DVDFab 9 when it opens or closes that could cause the sound to go out in the browser? I like to use Media Player Classic to play movies and I've noticed that if I'm playing something and I open or close DVDFab 9 the sound will be interrupted for a few seconds.

- Norm

Comment

Please try the new release 9032, which is OK here.

Comment

v9.0.2.8 Utterly Bizzare Sound Problem?

I'm happy to report that the 9.0.3.2 release seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks so much for the help and advise!

- Norm

Comment

Working...
              X