RegOperator.exe trying to load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RegOperator.exe trying to load

I just upgraded to 9.0.3.6. Every time I open the program I get multiple messages that RegOperator.exe from DVDfab wants to make changes. Never saw this before. What is going on?

What software does the message come from? Probably trying to write some entries to the registry and windows or something is being over-protective.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yeah, its the User Access Control of Windoze when Fab tries to set up what to do when you insert a disk.

Either accept it or alter the settings of UAC. I turned mine off completely as it's a PITA. My virus protection already stops anything that should be stopped.

Another Micro$oft feature that's TFU!!!

Originally posted by signals View Post
      What software does the message come from? Probably trying to write some entries to the registry and windows or something is being over-protective.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes, it's from UAC, which I have set to the lowest setting other than off. The message box pops up twice every time I start DVDFab. I click on Yes, but it makes no difference. Still two boxes on every start. Never happened before 9.0.3.6, so I wouldn't be blaming Windows.

Comment

My UAC is off also, Avira and Malwarebytes are my shield. The new release may have some new/different files.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So I went back to 9.0.3.5 and this problem disappeared. Maybe it will be corrected in the next version release.

Comment

I tried 9.0.3.7 and 9.0.3.8 and they both show this same problem. Rather than go back to 9.0.3.5 again, I have turned off UAC and the message no longer comes up (of course). I still think it is something DVDFab should fix.

Comment

Working...
              X