Cinavia Fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia Fix?

Being a owner of the Panasonic DMP-BDT220 I wonder when a Cinavia Fix will be available.

Most probably NEVER!!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It is the typical question that is now getting the typical response.. Rip the discs to .iso or .mkv and buy a media player (Western Digital TV Live - or other), external hard drive, and play the movie digitally instead through your dvd player.
      (It will also save on having to buy blank media, as well as give you a solution to your problem.)

Comment

Originally posted by MERX2006 View Post
        Being a owner of the Panasonic DMP-BDT220 I wonder when a Cinavia Fix will be available.
        You need to develop the ability to change and adapt along with the technology of the industry. As dgrams said, to avoid Cinavia completely for now, you need to invest in a media player. I did and I am cinavia-worry-free because of it!

When I realized that Cinavia was so integrated into the audio manufacturing process of the Blu-ray disc, I actually said, "Good one!" and clapped! They deserve props for coming up with such a difficult protection system that has yet to be completely circumvented. But, hey, that's just the techie geek in me!
        Last edited by SuperFist; 05-19-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

media player is not the only answer

Getting involved with media players isn't the only alternative.
          I do not own a media player - and cinavia presents no problems here.

You need to avoid equipment that has firmware corrupted with cinavia processing code. You can still use a blu-ray player if you like. You just have to avoid using one with cinavia enabled firmware (players licensed after February, 2012 for the most part).

I much prefer optical media for its portability, etc. and haven't any interest in accumulating stuff on a hard drive in an electronic box. I have multiple blu-ray players (Sony & Panasonic) which all work perfectly, and none of them have any clue what cinavia is.
          I plan to keep it that way.
          Last edited by Rich86; 05-21-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

You need to avoid equipment that has firmware corrupted with cinavia processing code. You can still use a blu-ray player if you like. You just have to avoid using one with cinavia enabled firmware (players licensed after February, 2012 for the most part
            ).good luck finding one. Might be able to find a used over priced player

I much prefer optical media for its portability, etc
            Usb sticks much more portable

I have multiple blu-ray players (Sony & Panasonic) which all work perfectly, and none of them have any clue what cinavia is. I plan to keep it that way
            Just hope they dont need firmware upgrade or die

Imo
            Mediaplayer or htpc would be a much smarter choice
            for one do the math on those optical disc that "will" fade over time say cheapos @$1 a disc or a 2tb hdd for around $120
            Dont have to worry about cinavia.
            Anx the big plus is how media player catalogues your media with cover art fanart, actors years,plot,time, trailers etc.
            So lets see i can spend $100 on a disc player or a best media experience via media player or htpc and before any coments come about hdd room all my mkv rips under 2 gigs and look excellent on my 50"
            ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

The purpose of my post was not to initiate another diatribe about media players vs. blu-ray players - it was only to correct the comment suggesting a media player was the ONLY alternative. If some folks prefer ripping everything to a media player, and it remains cinavia free so far, terrific. If you are satisfied with the PQ & AQ resulting from re-compressing a 25GB+ HD movie down to 2GB, fine. It just isn't for everyone and is NOT the only available option. Some of us would rather just grab the disc off the shelf and shove it into a blu-ray player and get the full video quality of the original blu-ray + lossless audio experience. There are choices.
              Last edited by Rich86; 05-22-2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

And we have the choice to rip without compression, so what? Fact is, for most people it's unlikely they'll be able to get a decent amount of BD players that are not infected and even those numbers will dwindle.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
                MultiShrink
                : DVD Shrink batch processing
                Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

And lets not forget that some media players play optical disc via usb optical drive
                  ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Yeah the AIOS does. I connected a DVD drive via USB and tried a known Cinavia disc and no problem so it does make a Cinavia free disc player with the addition of a drive.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      Yeah the AIOS does. I connected a DVD drive via USB and tried a known Cinavia disc and no problem so it does make a Cinavia free disc player with the addition of a drive.
                      DUDE!!! That's awesome! I would have never known to even attempt something like this.

I'm assuming a USB blu-ray optical disc drive can work as well? (He asks as he places a blu-ray optical disc drive in his cart on Newegg.com )
                      Last edited by SuperFist; 05-23-2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I have to assume it would but suggest a full size drive with an external power supply. That's what I used.

Albert Einstein

Comment

It's my understanding newer production Blu-ray component drives will be or are already Cinavia enabled in firmware regardless of interface (SATA, eSATA, USB, et al).

I could stand to be corrected on that, tho.

Comment

Interesting but I think it unlikely since the whole Cinavia thing is in the audio decryption.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Only one way to know and that is buy one, I suppose, but I'm afraid I will not even bother!!

I don't need to worry about it.
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                              X