No announcement yet.

Cinavia Fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me either really, but curiosity got the best of me. So I checked it out with Wrath of the Titans DVD backup disc that went kaput in the PS3, the AIOS saw the drive as a DVD drive with the pretty symbol and the whole shot. And played the disc perfectly. I unhooked it and put it away satisfied.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Me either really, but curiosity got the best of me. So I checked it out with Wrath of the Titans DVD backup disc that went kaput in the PS3, the AIOS saw the drive as a DVD drive with the pretty symbol and the whole shot. And played the disc perfectly. I unhooked it and put it away satisfied.
      Okay, sounds good. Just ordered a USB 2.0 to IDE SATA Converter Cable with Power Adapter for 2.5 3.5 inch Hard Drive DVD Drive CD Drive from Newegg.com to use with one of my blu-ray drives in my rig. Heck, there's no way I'll ever need to burn 2 blu-rays at one time (even though I did that to test my rig after I built it and it held up like a champ ).

Comment

Does it come with an enclosure for the drive? If so that should work fine.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Does it come with an enclosure for the drive? If so that should work fine.
          Nope. Those LG drives are fairly huge and look like they're in an enclosure as it is. I'll just leave it that way on top of the AIOS with some attached little rubber feet.
          Last edited by SuperFist; 05-24-2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
            ).good luck finding one. Might be able to find a used over priced player

Usb sticks much more portable

Just hope they dont need firmware upgrade or die

Imo
            Mediaplayer or htpc would be a much smarter choice
            for one do the math on those optical disc that "will" fade over time say cheapos @$1 a disc or a 2tb hdd for around $120
            Dont have to worry about cinavia.
            Anx the big plus is how media player catalogues your media with cover art fanart, actors years,plot,time, trailers etc.
            So lets see i can spend $100 on a disc player or a best media experience via media player or htpc and before any coments come about hdd room all my mkv rips under 2 gigs and look excellent on my 50"
            I hate to chime in with this, but hard drives fail a lot sooner than optical media. Anyone espousing a hard drive only method of backup has probably not experienced a hard drive crash (yet.)
            Also, the remote for my set top dvd player works far better than the one from the WDTV media player I tried, and also far better than remotes for mini computers that are often used as media centers. I returned the wdtv because as far as I'm concerned, the file system sucks. The remote for my sony-380 is much handier than those that come with mini computers or media players, too. So far it hasn't failed to play anything - hopefully a software circumvention will be found before my player fails.

Comment

Unless your a glutton for punishment you'll use a raid setup for the movies or have a second hard drive with the same content as your media player hard drive, in case of a crash. No one wants to rip TB's of movies for a second time, at least not me.
              Last edited by martythebrit; 05-27-2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrinfla View Post
                I hate to chime in with this, but hard drives fail a lot sooner than optical media.
                [ciation needed]

Anyone espousing a hard drive only method of backup has probably not experienced a hard drive crash (yet.)
                Or they had backups/RAID.

Also, the remote for my set top dvd player works far better than the one from the WDTV media player I tried
                Really? Mine just works as it should.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
                MultiShrink
                : DVD Shrink batch processing
                Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Yeah, I disagree too.

I still have hard drives that I bought in 2005 going strong (and they cost me a fortune then) whilst I have replace 4 optical drives in that time.

I suppose the OP makes 2 copies of his disks too...
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I hate to chime in with this, but hard drives fail a lot sooner than optical media. Anyone espousing a hard drive only method of backup has probably not experienced a hard drive crash (yet.)
                    No i have not had hdd failure but if i do its ok becuase i have a safe fail
                    Also, the remote for my set top dvd player works far better than the one from the WDTV media player I tried, and also far better than remotes for mini computers that are often used as media centers. I returned the wdtv because as far as I'm concerned, the file system sucks. The remote for my sony-380 is much handier than those that come with mini computers or media players, too.
                    Really i have harmony300 &650 loving them way better than any sony bd remote
                    so far it hasn't failed to play anything - hopefully a software circumvention will be found before my player fails.
                    hoplfuly you do need upgraded firmware with new tittel hiw does hulu,netflix,youtube work on your sony
                    Well for me i can play cinavia infected tittle and still use netflix,huluetc not to mettion my sweet remotes
                    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
                      Okay, sounds good. Just ordered a USB 2.0 to IDE SATA Converter Cable with Power Adapter for 2.5 3.5 inch Hard Drive DVD Drive CD Drive from Newegg.com to use with one of my blu-ray drives in my rig. Heck, there's no way I'll ever need to burn 2 blu-rays at one time (even though I did that to test my rig after I built it and it held up like a champ ).
                      I just wanted to post back my experience of using my internal blu-ray writer with the AIOS Media Center and it works wonderfully with Cinavia infected titles (oooh... that's what the eject button is for on the remote!). The device shows up under the file system as DVD and you just need to press PLAY. However, I felt like I was stealing from my baby (my custom built PC) so I put it back in there and I'm ordering a dedicated internal BD-ROM optical drive strictly for the AIOS.

Comment

Good information, thanks for sharing SuperFist. An alternative to "infected" players and a darn good media player to boot!

Albert Einstein

Comment

It would be kinda neat if you could install bd-rom into hdd bay
                          ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Time for the hacksaw and chisel...

Comment

I like SuperFist's idea of four of those little stick on rubber feet and save the drive bay!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I like SuperFist's idea of four of those little stick on rubber feet and save the drive bay!
                                It sat pretty well on top of the AIOS the little time I had it there. Because of the rubber feet, it didn't move at all when the discs were inserted or ejected with the remote.

Comment

Working...
                                X