X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm DONE with FAB Blu-Ray

Well,

The absolute final result is I'm DONE with this program!!

After finally sitting down to watch my back up copy of Jack Reacher on blu-ray after going through several procedures and finally installing a 3rd party burning software, I learn that it is by far THE WORST copy I've encountered yet.

Halfway through the movie (instead of the last 15-20 minutes like it used to be), the movie starts skipping and eventually freezes (as if the disc was all scratched and gouged up, when it is in fact BRAND NEW).

SO... my advice to anyone is this, screw blu-ray! Unless you're buying the movie brand new from a retailer, it's not worth it. I can't believe that I'm the only one experiencing this problem either. My guess is that alot of other people just haven't been watching their copies and just don't know they're coming out messed up. This is especially disappointing because NOW I have to wonder just how many of my over 1000 movies are screwed!

Also, now I have to go and check to see if the regular dvd movies I've backed up are experiencing the same issues!

Thanks, that was alot of money invested to back up my BD collection gone to waste!

If you installed a 3rd party burning program and got a bad burn, why exactly are you here complaining?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Sounds as to cheap discs. Did you verify the burns?

Comment

I agree, sounds like bad burns. If everyone was getting this result, the forum would be full of it. Not the case. I think you are blaming the software for something beyond its control.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It's also the dvdfab burning software I've had this issue with. For somewhere around a year now. I tried the 3rd oarty write software on someone else's experience. The dvdfab blu ray also gives me the same unacdeptable results. But the regular dvdfab copy seems to work fine.

So I'm just done with blu ray copy and will continue to use regular dvdfab. I'm just VERY disappointed considering alk the $$ I invested to be able to copy my blu ray duscs and uts all for not

Comment

Maybe you should read your lg bh10ls30 drives manual it's on line and says recommended media type is-

BD-R- LG, Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Sony, Panasonic.
            BD-RE : Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Maxell, Sony, Panasonic.

You have said your using media made by Phillips according to img burn.
            I do hope your not using windows 8 as it's not listed as supported in the manual.

This is a newer type drive and made for the newer type disks.I recommend you stick to a brand of blu ray the drives calling for.I have seen 3 other people have trouble with this drive.

Also you can call LG support they may have a firmware upgrade that's not in general release yet or know what to do if you explain the problem to them as if it's a common problem they are going to know about it.Also do a search on the internet using your drives model number and problems with then you will see if others are having the same problem.

Like someone told you if it were the fab software the forum would be buzzing with posts about this.You know your drive wasn't being noticed because you downloaded img burn last week that's not normal so there's problems that are not Fabs fault here.You yourself posted a post saying everything is working well with img burn just the other day.

Your also using a Insignia blu ray player not the best brand out their it could also be the problem why not try your disks on another blu ray player to see.

Comment

Originally posted by soberjohn23 View Post
              Well,

The absolute final result is I'm DONE with this program!!

After finally sitting down to watch my back up copy of Jack Reacher on blu-ray after going through several procedures and finally installing a 3rd party burning software, I learn that it is by far THE WORST copy I've encountered yet.

Halfway through the movie (instead of the last 15-20 minutes like it used to be), the movie starts skipping and eventually freezes (as if the disc was all scratched and gouged up, when it is in fact BRAND NEW).

SO... my advice to anyone is this, screw blu-ray! Unless you're buying the movie brand new from a retailer, it's not worth it. I can't believe that I'm the only one experiencing this problem either. My guess is that alot of other people just haven't been watching their copies and just don't know they're coming out messed up. This is especially disappointing because NOW I have to wonder just how many of my over 1000 movies are screwed!

Also, now I have to go and check to see if the regular dvd movies I've backed up are experiencing the same issues!

Thanks, that was alot of money invested to back up my BD collection gone to waste!
              There's nothing I can really say that many of the fine people in this thread haven't said already. All helpful advice. However, I would like to leave you with a few thoughts...

Your drive: LG BH10SL30 - is the official manufacturer's version of my 2 drives: LG WH10SL30. The "WH" at the beginning of my model number indicates that it is the unsupported OEM version of this burner (they're cheaper). I haven't had ANY of the issues you have reported which amazes me since it's purportedly the bargain version of your drive; however, it's possibly because I'm not using the same Insignia player that you have. I play all of my backed up discs in my PS3 Slim, and for a while, a Dynex blu-ray player. On a sidenote, I have retired the practice of backing up my movies on discs in favor of an AIOS media player and I have never looked back!

With a long history of backing up movies on DVD-Rs and BD-Rs with a wide range of burning speeds, I have learned those speeds can affect whether your movie will stutter or skip, in addition to the brand of disc player you have. They're not all created equally like us human beings. You MUST have an alternative player to test your burns as you cannot arrive at an accurate, conclusive verdict without utilizing more than one piece of testing equipment. To not do so is illogical at best.

I have been using DVDFab DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy for years and I can tell you this one thing with surety: It is hands down THE BEST software to decrypt DVDs and Blu-rays with the best, most responsive support, and the most helpful, intelligent and giving members and forums I have come across. They have come up with workarounds for the PS3 on old firmware, whereas the competition didn't, and scoffed at it, mind you. DVDFab's software also has more features and options with a UI that is more user-friendly, in my opinion (I have used the alternative decrypting software and have taken part in their forums).

Digest this information before you make a hasty decision to leave DVDFab Blu-ray Copy altogether.
              Last edited by SuperFist; 05-19-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Sounds like it also may be that famous EBCAC Computer Error message....

(Error Between Computer And Chair)....

And using CRAP, Produces CRAP.

You should be using decent blanks that your player is stating the player reads....

Just sayin.....
                Last edited by dcc1048; 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM.
                "Are you still master of your domain?"
                Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Dvd fab bluray never has worked

I paid $80.00 for a program that has worked 3 times in a year. I am searching now for another BLURAY copy program as FAB has never worked. Everytime I have tried to use it program shuts down or gets caught in a loop at random percentages and freezes. The Company Fanteo has been little to no help and tells me in their replies: tough luck. No refund.
                  Last edited by p9pins; 05-21-2013, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by p9pins View Post
                    I paid $80.00 for a program that has worked 3 times in a year. I am searching now for another BLURAY copy program as FAB has never worked. Everytime I have tried to use it program shuts down or gets caught in a loop at random percentages and freezes. The Company Fanteo has been little to no help and tells me in their replies: tough luck. No refund.
                    Well i paid $280 and also have another license paid for bd and dvd copy so i got close $400 in fabs software plus just built $1,000+ i7 rig to run fab on and every penny worth it if you have problems you may need to get some support here i copy at least 4 bds a week and ever once n a wile a will run across i real pain in the a** movie but a little patients and help from the right people and i will get it done if i can help i will but fab is one of the best
                    So open your own thread and lets see if we can make your $80.00 worth it

And for refund you get 30 day trial you should make your mind up in that time
                    Last edited by Jonatan; 05-21-2013, 11:24 PM.
                    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

I also run a LG WH10SL30. I copy the Main Movie to my hard drive and then convert to the hard drive a BD25 (if the BD50 size warrants it), BD9 or BD5 depending on much I like the movie. Then I copy the BDMV folder to the media with Nero Express 10 as a Blu-ray Data Disk or Data DVD.

100% success to date on about 40 of my Blu-rays.

Media is Verbatim:
                      BD-R 25GB #974457 1101-203
                      DVD+R DL #96542 1101-102
                      DVD-R #95101 1010-203

Cinavia BDMVs go to a USB drive, natch.

Comment

Originally posted by dallas7 View Post
                        I also run a LG WH10SL30. I copy the Main Movie to my hard drive and then convert to the hard drive a BD25 (if the BD50 size warrants it), BD9 or BD5 depending on much I like the movie. Then I copy the BDMV folder to the media with Nero Express 10 as a Blu-ray Data Disk or Data DVD.

100% success to date on about 40 of my Blu-rays.

Media is Verbatim:
                        BD-R 25GB #974457 1101-203
                        DVD+R DL #96542 1101-102
                        DVD-R #95101 1010-203

Cinavia BDMVs go to a USB drive, natch.
                        Congrats, dallas7! Nice to see a fellow hometowner amongst the DVDFab forum members!

Comment

I am with DVD FAB since day one...about ten years ago.I burned 100s and 100s of DVDs and Blu-Rays.Only "twice" did the burning fail.And that was when I used ImgBurn to burn a 3D movie.That was a mistake I won't do again as I always use DVD Fab Burning engine.To me this program is as perfect as can be.It is so simple to use I can't see where your problems are. PS. I am 71 years old.By the way....cloned Jack Reacher in no time.
                          Last edited by BERT; 05-23-2013, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
                            Well i paid $280 and also have another license paid for bd and dvd copy so i got close $400 in fabs software plus just built $1,000+ i7 rig to run fab on and every penny worth it if you have problems you may need to get some support here i copy at least 4 bds a week and ever once n a wile a will run across i real pain in the a** movie but a little patients and help from the right people and i will get it done if i can help i will but fab is one of the best
                            So open your own thread and lets see if we can make your $80.00 worth it

And for refund you get 30 day trial you should make your mind up in that time
                            hi again jonathan
                            whats the best deal for fab blu ray copy at the moment, i have lifetime fab dvd but the only one i can find at the moment for blu ray copy is not that cheap and has amazon voucher, there was a better one with the media player recently.
                            do i wait, what do you think?
                            thanks again for your help, i tried to ask on my own thread but no one answered
                            Last edited by mrbasilbrush; 05-24-2013, 10:54 PM.

Comment

@basil

The only pricing that we know here on the forum is what is advertised on dvdfab.com same as you.

For commercial aspects, you would be better contacting Fab direct by email.
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                              X