9042 not remembering settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9042 not remembering settings

9042 is not remembering your settings I had to reset a few things including delete temporary files it was checked by default and should not be this is very important as after I made a 50 gig clone it deleted it and was nowhere to be found.Very bad oversight should be corrected at once.
    Last edited by glenns; 05-27-2013, 07:50 PM.

Hi,

Did you install DVDFab with overwriting installation? The setting should be remember if you reset it again.
    We will fix the issue ASAP.
    Sorry for this to trouble you.
    Thanks!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes Wilson I always use overwrite but please change the logic so delete temporary files is not checked (the default) we need those temporary files to make copy's change formats and for all the testing we do.

Comment

I suppose that we should not change the setting of delete temporary files uncheck default, not all users are so familiar to fab like you, and maybe the HD driver of some users are not enough large, the free space of HD driver is smaller and smaller if don't delete the temporary files automatically after finish the task.

Wilson
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

I understand what you are saying however not everyone rips to drive and does the convert right away.I was working on the 3d problem you asked me to test and report on so I ripped the disk to drive closed Fab had lunch went back to Fab to do the work then my 50 gig file was no where to be found I spent 50 mins ripping to drive then can't find the file almost went crazy looking for it because i know what I am doing I know where the file should be but no file.

Then I search whole drive file gone i scratched my head then said ok I look in fab settings to see whats going on then I find out why.What if new user did what i did rip disk closed fab then did convert later he would go crazy thinking Fab doesn't work for him.Should just add line to turtotal after making
          disk go back and delete the file in fabs folder so your hard drive doesn't fill up.I think this is better most newer computers come with big drives.

Comment

Hi,

I think this is better most newer computers come with big drives.
            MAYBE come with 1TB/2TB..., but still have risk in this if uncheck the option default.

I suppose that DVDFab should detect the driver with biggest free space as temp folder automatically when installing DVDFab. And keep the setting if installing DVDFab again with overwrite installation.
            I think the way is better than setting "C:\Documents" as default.
            Do you have any good idea?

Wilson
            Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 05-31-2013, 04:10 AM.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson

\Documents I agree is not a good place. Many users now have small SSD for the OS and defaulting the temp file there would take space the OS might need and overwork the SSD. I have the temp file set on an eSATA drive, 1TB currently, but each user has a different system setup and preference. Easier for the user just to change it once in Settings to the preferred location and read and preserve that setting on the next install.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My vote is to leave it to delete by default. To leave them will be a nightmare to the nontechnical user whose hard drive free space disappeared.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Wilson:Everybody have good reasons for each, solution is give user choice and then remember settings

choice 1- C: documents default
                  choice 2-let fab pick hard drive with most space on it
                  choice 3-let user select hard drive to use as default
                  choice 4-Then give choice to delete temp files yes or no and keep all setting from version to version.

Comment

Working...
                  X