Can Fab direct output to another drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Fab direct output to another drive?

I know you can transfer files once made to another drive or have fab make a iso to another drive.

I want to have the files directly output to drive b (while being made) without Fab having to transfer them over from the computers main drive C.

I am trying to find a solution to why Fab cannot produce a main movie in 3d uncompressed and have a media player play it in 3d something happens when transferring over to the second hard drive so it doesn't play in 3d.My thinking is if I can output the file to the second hard drive while being made maybe this can work.

Generally, you can use anything that your OS reports as a drive as a target for DVDFab, but in some cases users have had trouble when trying to use A:\ or B:\ since they are reserved for use by floppy disc or floppy controller by some OS/BIOS versions. I do not recommend NAS either, but you can try it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

How do you target drive B to output Fabs files direct as their being made? I see during the install you can put fab program files on drive b however the files and folder that contain the temporary files with the ripped movie & log files stay on the computers A drive.

I want the temporary files with the ripped movie on drive b so I don't have to transfer them over thus keeping the the 3d ssif files and movie on drive b.I don't see a way to do this.I even transferred them over but fab just makes new folders on drive A and puts the temporary files into it on with the ripped movie files and log files.

P.S. I have the new UBS optical drive i can also use with my computer so if drive a gets in the way optical drive 2 is seen by fab when plugged into the computer.

Comment

Hi,
        Generally, you can use anything that your OS reports as a drive as a target for DVDFab
        As signals said, you can use any driver as the target for DVDFab.

I am trying to find a solution to why Fab cannot produce a main movie in 3d uncompressed and have a media player play it in 3d something happens when transferring over to the second hard drive so it doesn't play in 3d.My thinking is if I can output the file to the second hard drive while being made maybe this can work.
        I think it's not possible to happen that play in 3D on driver A and not play in 3D after copy to driver B. Not have any change with copy & paste.
        For 3D, you need mount the .miniso file by DVDFab Virtual Drive when target to folder.
        DVDFab burning engine is needed when target to an ISO file.

I want the temporary files with the ripped movie on drive b so I don't have to transfer them over thus keeping the the 3d ssif files and movie on drive b.
        I noticed that you transfer the temporary files to driver B.
        Does it have the .miniso file in the folder?
        It's not have ssif file in it if you dot not mount .miniso file to DVDFab Virtual Drive. It will not play in 3D if you play the folder directly.

How do you target drive B to output Fabs files direct as their being made? I see during the install you can put fab program files on drive b however the files and folder that contain the temporary files with the ripped movie & log files stay on the computers A drive.
        DVDFab does not detect the installation driver as the default temporary folder and default output folder. Detect "Driver C:\Users\xxx\Documents" folder as the default output and temporary folder.

I want the temporary files with the ripped movie on drive b so I don't have to transfer them over thus keeping the the 3d ssif files and movie on drive b.I don't see a way to do this.I even transferred them over but fab just makes new folders on drive A and puts the temporary files into it on with the ripped movie files and log files.
        You can set the default output and temporary folder to driver B in Common Setting.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson I understand now the problem with putting a uncompressed 3d movie on a second drive.Me and Ning did some testing using your information and can now make a 3d main movie uncompressed put on another drive and use with a media player to play in 3d.

I am going to test making a few more before i spell it out exactly the steps needed to do this in English then I got to find a translator to translate in German as this is a international problem many of us have making this work with media players and a second hard drive.

A lot of people are going to be happy.A lot of pm goes on between members so I don't even think Fab knows how many people this is effecting as more and more people get into 3d and media players they need step by step directions that I will be happy to post once my testing is complete.

Comment

Wilson after testing a few more 3d blu rays I find if the 3d main movie is uncompressed taken from a 50 gig clone iso made with Fab has more than one m2ts ssif file and 1 m2ts file the iso made from folder using fab engine and virtual drive (that contains miniso file) will not play in 3d on media player using drive b. example test disk (The smurfs 3d) has 2 m2ts video files and 2 m2ts ssif files.
            I used Beauty and the beast 3d it has 1 m2ts movie file and 1 m2ts ssif file and it did play in 3d.I put it on drive b using virtual drive made into a iso.Made both with blu ray copy main movie using uncompressed main movie set for 50 gigs to get uncompressed main movie,make 3d movie.make mini iso.Then make iso from folder with fab burner and output it on drive B

If I put the 50gig iso movie on drive b it works all the time with my Micca media player so why does it not work with main movie uncompressed if the movie has more than 1 ssif file and more than 1 m2ts movie file in it?
            Last edited by glenns; 06-14-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

It's good practice not to use 'A' and 'B' except for floppy drives.

C is normally your primary hard drive and D your first optical drive.

This leaves E thru Z for anything you want. I can't imagine you have those letters already assigned to other drives.

Comment

Working...
              X