Movie Only copy missing pieces of A Good Time To Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie Only copy missing pieces of A Good Time To Die

Noticed that when I used DVDFab v9.0.4.7 to copy and then burn a bluray Movie only version that something got lost in the translation. Early on in the movie two things stick out. The scene where the daughter drives him to the airport, you don't see the scenes where they talk while still in the car before he steps out to go inside the airport. 2nd incident is during the Car chase scene where he is driving down those cars on that car trailer ramp and his daughter calls him to see how things are going, that short phone conversation is missing. Can't recall what other things are missing but, those two are missing from the original full version to the movie only version.

does the orginal movie play fine??

Comment

And does the original have both a theatrical and an extended version on it?
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Original movie includes the missing video sections, Full disc has no problems. What I'm finding out is when you select the Main Movie option the default is Title 801 with Audio of English AC3/2 subtitles set to English. When I use this to burn disc you get the missing sections. I tried changing audio to English 7.1 DTS-HD Mast with subtitles set to English you end up with directors commentary blabbing about the movie, cannot seem to get rid of this.

Went further down and found Title 800 Play time 1:37 with 29 chapters and changed audio to English 7.1 DTS-HD and that fixes the missing sections but, cannot get that annoying directors commentary removed.

Comment

Finally, a real solution. Downloaded Dvdfab ver 8.2.2.9 and used the Bluray copy feature there, was able to create the main movie only, keep the 7.1 audio and the two known missing pieces (Daughter conversation in front of airport while in car) and Chap 8 chase scene where he's driving off bridge onto Trucks and car trailer when he receives a phone call from his daughter.

These do not appear in the Main movie versions when you use DVDfab Bluray copy version 9.0.4.7 or newer DVDfab Bluray copy version 9.2.5.5. They are omitted and are important clips that add to the movie story line. Didn't have to worry about the Director's narrative ruining the copy like it did in ver 9.2.5.5.

I wonder how many other glitches between the versions that go un-noticed in other movies when you create the Main movie copies?

Comment

If you want the original theatrical version, the problem would seem to be in the older versions of DVDFab, not the newer ones. Sounds like the newer versions produce the original, without deleted scenes or 'unrated director's cut' or similar content included. I don't have the title you are using.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X