Dvdfab 9 and cinevia questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvdfab 9 and cinevia questions

I have read all that I could find here on the forums and outside to figure out how to create a rip of a bd that contains cinevia.

The movie being backed up is: Amazing Spiderman

I had it figured out for THE SOCIAL NETWORK... but damned if I can remember how I got that finally ripped so that the mute screen of cinevia would not pop up into the movie.

So my question is..... how to use DVDfab 9 to rip to a HD with a BD that is infected with cinevia.

I can only find info with regard to copying to a recordable disk. But not to the HD.

I use TMT 5 (with updates) for viewing.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I read the blog on cinevia but could not figure out what I am doing wrong.

You rip the blu ray to hard drive same as any other just play it back on a unaffected by cinavia software player.I am sure TMT is a effected player the latest versions are anyway.The disk will have the cinavia in the soundtrack you just have to play it back on some device that can't see the cinavia.
    If you updated your version and it wasn't effected in the past by Cinavia and it is now then your updates contain the Cinavia disk detector in firmware updates.

Most media players are unaffected by Cinavia so you can use one to play these disks their fairly cheap these days.Also a older blu ray player will be unaffected or try another software program that's not effected by cinavia.

Their are free ones on the internet.You may want to go back in time with windows restore to go back before the day you upgraded your TMT player but then you have to update all other files and programs on your hard drive including security and windows updates.

Here's a little work around try the movie viewer in Fab it can play full screen it plays blu rays and shouldn't be effected by cinavia although not designed to be a full feature player it will due for the time being.
    Last edited by glenns; 10-14-2013, 06:09 AM.

Comment

So TMT is out from now on it sounds like. Thanks for that info.

I hate throwing money at these software companies and finding out later that their programs don't work for what you paid. I imagine the tmt6 is out also.

Comment

Now I just have to figure out how the launch the Fab movie player. Is that included in the DVDfab 9?

Comment

Like I said before if it worked before and it don't after updating then its got the cinavia detector in the update firmware.

Yes the preview viewer is in all versions of Fab just load a movie into the program and use the preview button and play.Double click mouse to view full screen and right click mouse for options. doesn't play 3d movies only 2d from a 3d movie.
          Last edited by glenns; 07-14-2014, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Do you happen to know a media player that will launch from Media Browser? I am trying the DVDFab media player... but it does not appear to launch correctly from Media Browser.

Comment

As I recall..... TMT 5 worked fine after the update. It seems like DVDfab 9 is just not running right to fix the issue. Dvdfab 8 worked great. Then I upgraded to DVDfab 9 and the fun began.

Comment

Originally posted by cybordolphin View Post
                Do you happen to know a media player that will launch from Media Browser? I am trying the DVDFab media player... but it does not appear to launch correctly from Media Browser.
                Sorry can't help you with this one maybe someone else will answer.

Comment

Originally posted by cybordolphin View Post
                  As I recall..... TMT 5 worked fine after the update. It seems like DVDfab 9 is just not running right to fix the issue. Dvdfab 8 worked great. Then I upgraded to DVDfab 9 and the fun began.
                  Cinavia won't kick in till 20 mins. pass.To test the TMT 5 program with its updates you need to play each disk that has Cinavia past 20 mins. to tell if the player or software player is infected.

Fab 8 or 9 doesn't take out Cinavia at all their are some soundtracks not effected by Cinavia.In all movies you can play the narrator track but most of the movies main soundtracks are effected by Cinavia and will mute the audio at the 20 min mark.

Some other languages other than English may not be effected some will it depends on the disk..Please test this out yourself before stating version 8 worked great and problems with version 9.

I assume this is what your talking about if not and theirs another problem you have with version 9 but not version 8 then put that in a different topic as this one is about Cinavia.

Comment

I'll check my older rips and see if they are having the mute screen pop up after 20 mins or so. If it turns out to be the update of TMT 5, I will see if I can go without the update.

I tried ripping Amazing Spiderman as an MKV but still get the pop up 20 minutes into the movie.

I may need to find media player software that does not recognize Cinavia. Any suggestions regarding this is appreciated. The media player software will need to work well with Media Browser.

I have ripped Cinavia infected movies in the past and they played just fine using TMT 5 and DVDfab. I know I have had the Cinevia mute pop up on the past.... but I was able to figure out a way to rip using DVDfab, that took care of the problem. I just can't remember how I did it.

But alas perhaps it is due to an update of TMT 5.

Comment

You can make a mkv/with acc sound and put it on a usb plug in stick and Cinavia won't be detected that's if your blu ray or tv excepts mkv's on USB plug in sticks.

Other than this your disks will only play on non effected players or non effected software players theirs really no exceptions other than protected disks only good in the PlayStation for software under the fab listed firmware versions for PlayStation.

Comment

Hi cybordolphin
                        Try DVD Fabs media player found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=23036
                        Hope this helps
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

FYI: any version of TMT 5 after 5.3.1.146 will have Cinavia. I have quit using it in favor of DVDFab Media Player, which will NEVER respond to Cinavia.

If your player or software responds to Cinavia, you can try making a protected backup using DVDFab. Even this will not work with many of the latest firmware updates (the "non-trusted source" problem).
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I would say purchase an older Blu-Ray player that does not contain Cinavia. There was no way I could get around it so I looked at the list of Blu-Ray players provided on this site and purchased an older Samsung Blu-Ray player and everything plays great!!! I have my main Blu-Ray player that I use all the time, but only use my back-up Samsung for Cinavia movies. Of course I will never update the software! If you buy an older Blu-Ray player off ebay, first ask the seller to tell you what version software the player is running so that you don't get one that has been updated and will contain Cinavia.

Comment

Working...
                            X