Usability bugs in v9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usability bugs in v9

After copying a single title from a blu-ray disk (Copy->Main Menu) and you click 'Finish' after the copy completes, the 'Next' button disappears from the Title screen and you can no longer copy any other titles off the disk. You have to completely quit out of DVDFab to reset this behavior. This is very time consuming as each time you launch, the app has to re-read the disk to find out what's on it. Please put the 'Next' button back onto this screen after the copy has completed so you can copy more than one title off the disk in a row.

After newly launching DVDFab, the app no longer 'remembers' the last save path used and reverts back to the DVD/BD burner drive and assumes you want to use it. I never use this. DVDFab should always remember the last saved path used and now no longer does this.

There is no way to disable the creation of the miniISO so that it 'remembers' this after a program relaunch. In fact, there are many settings that V9 'forgets' after a restart. Every setting needs to be saved and remembered on exit so that it launches back into the same state as the last launch. Having to set all of these tiny settings all over the place gets tiresome after about the tenth time. This is part of the reason I prefer to use V8 over V9.

Note that all of what I'm asking for worked correctly in V8, but the behavior completely changed with the revamped V9 interface.

Please fix.

The missing "Next" button

Originally posted by sv2 View Post
    After copying a single title from a blu-ray disk (Copy->Main Menu) and you click 'Finish' after the copy completes, the 'Next' button disappears from the Title screen and you can no longer copy any other titles off the disk.
    You do not need to quit DVDFab, SV2.
    Look at the attachment below, and you just rehook the checkbox before the source and could use it agian.

Note: When one task have finished, the checbox of the current source will be canceled off.
    Attached Files
    I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
    Edison

Comment

Hi sv2,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We do remember user settings, we will check your issues asap.

Best Regards,
      Fengtao

Best Regards,
      Fengtao
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

9.1.0.1 and 9.1.0.2 UI not visisble

I run Linux on my computer so I have to use either WINE or VirtualBox to use DvdFab. DvdFab has mostly worked fine through version 9.0.7.2. The new UI is useless for me. The latest Beta starts with a message telling me to upgrade my video driver. I am using the latest official release of the video driver for my card for Linux. In the new UI the left pane where you select Disc or Main Movie, etc shows up fine. The right pane is totally blank and remains that way no matter which function I choose.

VirtualBox version 4.3.2
        Wine version 1.7.4
        Video card is Radeon 5770.
        OS is Ubuntu 12.04 and Linux Kernel 3.8.0

Comment

Originally posted by GeneM View Post
          I run Linux on my computer so I have to use either WINE or VirtualBox to use DvdFab. DvdFab has mostly worked fine through version 9.0.7.2. The new UI is useless for me. The latest Beta starts with a message telling me to upgrade my video driver. I am using the latest official release of the video driver for my card for Linux. In the new UI the left pane where you select Disc or Main Movie, etc shows up fine. The right pane is totally blank and remains that way no matter which function I choose.

VirtualBox version 4.3.2
          Wine version 1.7.4
          Video card is Radeon 5770.
          OS is Ubuntu 12.04 and Linux Kernel 3.8.0
          I have the same behavior on several different Gentoo Linux machines with several different video cards etc, and it appears to be an issue regardless of what version of wine I use. I've had no problems through countless versions of DVDFab, but the newer ones behave exactly as you describe.

What bothers me even more is that these newer versions of DVDFab fail altogether causing wine to exit with a status 1 (with no specific error message) if I attempt to configure wine's windows version to anything higher than vista.

I still use it just to make DVD directory copies relying solely on that lefthand pain. This change is a huge step down for me.

Tom

Comment

Hi, GeneM and digitalaudiorock

Please update to the latest version V9119.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Wilson. I just upgraded to 9119 here and the behavior is the same for me: It fails totally unless I emulate XP or Vista in wine, I get the warning about the video drivers, and the entire right pane of the UI is blank.

Tom

Comment

Wow...going from bad to worse here. I just had to revert from 9.1.3.3 back to 9.1.2.2, as the new version just freezes up in wine once the DVDFab splash screen displays.

The new GUI has never worked in any of these versions, and they all fail in wine if I emulate anything newer than Windows XP, but at least I was still able to rip full disk DVD copies. This one appears to be a show stopper. Sad...I used DVDFab via wine for so many years without issue until these 9.x versions.

Comment

Usability Issue In V9

I've noticed what could be a "usability" issue; while inconvenient it's not what I would consider an issue worthy of it's own thread so I thought I'd mention it here.

I've noticed in the ripper in V9 (I can't say if it's always been there or if it started in the newer UI) when you are ripping multiple titles there is a problem with the code that governs if the "Advanced Settings" button is enabled or disabled. Lets say you're ripping a series disc that has 12 titles and 8 are automatically selected; at this time the advanced button is enabled; if you check off any additional titles the advanced button stays enabled but if you uncheck any titles the advanced button becomes disabled. At this point to re-enable the advanced button you either have to check off another title or uncheck and recheck one that you want ripped.

I believe the code that disables the "Advanced Settings" button just disables the button if any title is unchecked but really it should not disable the button as long as one or more titles are checked.

- Norm

Comment

Originally posted by digitalaudiorock View Post
                    I just had to revert from 9.1.3.3 back to 9.1.2.2, as the new version just freezes up in wine once the DVDFab splash screen displays.
                    Just to amend my previous post slightly: I've always used DVDFab on a headless MythTV backend server (no X running) using an ssh shell with X11Forwarding enabled...this is the way I've used it for years with no issue. It turns out that that's what's locking up when I use 9.1.3.3. If I start X on that machine and actually log in directly with a monitor attached etc, that in fact still works.

All in all though, for any Linux users attempting to use DVDFab via wine, the new interface is nothing but a world of hurt I'm afraid. I hope it improved something for someone, because it's sure a total fail for us.

Comment

NVidia OpenGL

For anyone who stumbles into this thread trying to debug Linux wine DVDFab issues:

Although I haven't gotten to the bottom of it, I've discovered that ALL the issues I have with wine and the new DVDFab 9 appear to be specific to the nVidia OpenGL.

I'm using Gentoo, and if I switch to the x11 OpenGL using "eselect opengl set" and restart X the new interface works perfectly, even remotely over ssh with X11Forwarding enabled.

With the nVidia OpenGL enabled, running locally on my box has a completely black screen in the new right hand pane, and trying to run remotely with ssh X11Forwarding fails completely.

Tom

Comment

Excellent feedback that I am sure will help others, thanks.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X