Error 502.3 2 193

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 502.3 2 193

Been using DVD Fab for a while now; something happened with some of the latest's updates for it to immediately throw the Error 502.3 2 193.

I can Play any DVD or Blu-Ray form the Drive with VLC player no problem.

I can COPY any move to ISO then burn no problem.

This only happens with Blu-Ripper Plus 3D.

Attached are my logs and you'll see that this started happening a few versions back; First instance was in -- DVDFab 9.0.7.0 (2013/11/10 21:48:18))

I've been in contact with Vivian form DVDFAB support; but I feel like it was time to submit my issue to the forum and see if anyone else has this issue along with me.
    Attached Files

502 is a common system error when the registry has a snafu somewhere. Unistall DVDFab, download the free version of Ccleaner and run the registry cleaner, fix all the errors it finds and run it until it finds no errors. Reinstall Fab and give it a go.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

If you have the newer 500 error codes list can you post it as Signals posted version is very old.Thanks.Also whats error 1?

Comment

Error 1 is another ambiguous Windows system generated errors. I find it more efficient to zero out the drive and reinstall the OS when ERROR 1 is the issue. Opinions will vary.

Albert Einstein

Comment

What about 501-503-504

Comment

I've done that several times, even manually searched my registry for any DVDfab related keys after the fact... the error still persists.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Fixed it - So I decided to get a second opinion... in this case I downloaded Wise Registry cleaner on top of CCleaner.

using the two back and forth till no regkeys errors found I did the registry defrag as well and reinstalled (as "administrator" of course), started dvdfab and now am able to rip blu's again.

So am I to expect this sort of thing with updates that the registry is the root cause of some of these common issues? this should be a documented problem and the work around until Dev's can correct it in an RFC should be that you clean clean clean your registry!

Ok to close this thread.
              Thanks for your help in this @90312

Comment

I'm glad you're going again! I do this routinely now, I even go into windows/prefetch and clean it up then run ccleaner on the registry and reboot on the clean registry before installing the updated version. I avoid most all of these pesky issues.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I never do this and have zero problems. Possibly related to OS or user setup(s).

Originally posted by DeFlanko View Post
                  Fixed it - So I decided to get a second opinion... in this case I downloaded Wise Registry cleaner on top of CCleaner.

using the two back and forth till no regkeys errors found I did the registry defrag as well and reinstalled (as "administrator" of course), started dvdfab and now am able to rip blu's again.

So am I to expect this sort of thing with updates that the registry is the root cause of some of these common issues? this should be a documented problem and the work around until Dev's can correct it in an RFC should be that you clean clean clean your registry!

Ok to close this thread.
                  Thanks for your help in this @90312
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Or you've been lucky thus far

Albert Einstein

Comment

LOL maybe so, but it sure doesn't carry over to the lottery.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X