Forced subtitles don't work on Capt. Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced subtitles don't work on Capt. Phillips

Main Movie only iso w/all subtitles included won't play back forced subtitles. Selecting either subtitle on iso during playback (on micca media player) results in forced AND English subtitle display. Is there a way to construct iso where only forced subtitles are displayed, as intended?

Does Micca show the forced sub only when you rip the entire movie to ISO?

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
    MultiShrink
    : DVD Shrink batch processing
    Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Have the same problem with Elysium full disk on the Micca won't play the forced subs in Fabs own preview player or VLC player also.

Has 2 sets of English subs but they seem to be not forced subs the 1st set plays all the time when selected so does the second set even with Fab selecting the second set as default set with little arrow next to it as listed as a solution in another topic.

Comment

The German BD has 2 English subs, one is for the hearig impaired with black background (almost looks like closed captions) and the other one is a regular sub that has the Spanish items flagged as forced.

MultiShrink

Comment

The English version has 2 sets of English subs.They both seem to contain the same information when played or turned on with the remote.

The second set has a black background.They don't play in The Micca media player or the Fab previewer or VLC media player as forced subtitle's should.

Power dvd 11 gets it correct and plays just the forced that seems to be taken from the regular set of subtitles as flagged.It seems a lot of players are not seeing the flagged set of subs in the regular subtitles thus not playing them as forced.You would think the Fab viewer would get it correct but I tried both preview engines and they get it wrong also.

Even my full disk backup blu ray of Elysium won't play the subs correct I wish I made a Iso of it before it got borrowed and hasn't returned.We need to find this out to see if it's something Fab is doing during the rip.Is anyone able to play a 50gig iso copy of one of these problem titles on the Micca to see if it's a Fab thing or something else?
          Last edited by glenns; 01-30-2014, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Try track 2 forced

There are something like 339 forced subtitles buried in english tr 2 ...
            I discovered this by extracting the PGS from Fab HD BR movie source & analyzing with pgm like BDSuptoSub..
            This is also verified by crosschecking with this handy list:

ウェブ ワープロ、プレゼンテーション、スプレッドシート

There are probably other ways, but I had to export only tr 2 forced to a separate PGS subtitle & then merge it back into mkv file setting it as 'default' with 'forced flag' set on .. then it played fine on VLC player test & also my 2 settop media players, putting up English subs only for the Somali talk ... There may be way to do all this using just Fab but I couldn't get it to work without doing above .. I would like to see how if someone else did this & tested it out ...
            jak

Comment

I had the same problem. ISO/SUBS/MICCA EP600 G2
              I fixed it by running the iso file thru FAB creating a mkv. Forced subs was left on in the program. I think I checked the subtitle box to NONE. Took 5 tries before getting it to work

Comment

WRW50: Did you try a 50 gig clone iso and play it on the Micca to see if the subs will play correct on one of these disks causing the problem? If not can you try this to see if it's something Fab is doing during the rip to hard drive also can you play the store brought disk itself and see if it will play in VLC media player and the Fab previewer this way we will see if it's a Fab thing or the players getting it wrong.I would do it my self but my trouble disk was loaned out and hasn't been returned.Thanks.

I don't want to turn my disks into Mkv's or have to go though using other software to get my Micca media player or the VLC and or Fab previewer to play the subs correct.I want to be able to put a 25 gig iso or folder on hard drive and play with my Micca,VLC and Fab previewer and get the forced subs playing correctly using only Fab.

I have used the second set of English subs to get the forced subs to play in power dvd 11 with Elysium blu ray full disk my only player that works correct on these trouble disks.

The problem we will have is we will never know what movies are going to act this way until we play them back and see if the subs play back ok or not.So if you ripped a few disks to watch when you have time they may not play back correctly when you go to watch them.I don't even know ahead of time that any movie has forced subs. in them so here lies them problem.

Can Fab do anything to help with this kind of disk that has forced flagged in the regular or in this case the second set of English subs that have a black backround as on the Elysium region1 blu ray disk.?

Comment

I have tried making a MkV from a full disk of Elysium also and it won't play with forced subs in power dvd 11 but if selecting the second English subtitle and forced subs checked the forced subs play in VLC but not correctly.

Don't keep the sisters waiting works then after that the others flash on for only a split second not slow enough to read them so they don't work here with blu ray ripper to mkv and playing with VLC.

Comment

Originally posted by jakish View Post
                    There are probably other ways, but I had to export only tr 2 forced to a separate PGS subtitle & then merge it back into mkv file setting it as 'default' with 'forced flag' set on
                    There is: select only the English track you know has the forced subs, and select "Display only forced subtitle" and DVDfab will produce an MKV with one track that has only forced subs which are only flagged as default but not forced (= bug) and plays fine in VLC. The problem with this is that you cannot add any other non forced subtitle track.

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                    WRW50: Did you try a 50 gig clone iso and play it on the Micca to see if the subs will play correct on one of these disks causing the problem?
                    I don't see why not cause it's the entire BD with all menus and commands (sans the copy protection). So if the Micca doesn't play it, it's rather a Micca problem than a DVDFab problem.

The more interesting question is, what happens when you rip the main movie only? Elysium is a good choice cause it's enough to rip chapter one which has forced subs right from the beginning. So I've tried these combinations:
                    • english only: forced sub shows in PD12 but not DVDFab Media Player

• english/german: english forced shows in PD12 but not DVDFab Media Player

English forced shows because it's the first stream in the file. The moment you switch to german you get the regular sub and switching back to english also shows the entire sub rather than forced sub only.

• english/german (set to default): entire german sub shows in PD12 but not DVDFab Media Player.

MultiShrink

Comment

(So if the Micca doesn't play it, it's rather a Micca problem than a DVDFab problem.)

It's a Fab problem when Fabs own preview player put inside of the Fab program to preview how subtitles and audio tracks will look and play gets it wrong.Also it's a Fab problem because Fab media player get's it wrong also.Fixing the problem for these may fix it for the others.

The Chinese staff when they get back from their News years break will have to see if they can fix this.I hope this is not the way they are going to make all the future new disks but if it is we need a solution.Also the bigger problem comes to mind is your not going to know what disks are like this until after you ripped them and played them then your going to have to go back and redo them if there's a solution to this problem.You won't know their are forced subs in a movie unless you viewed it before.

I tried main movie from the full disk copy and can't get it to work on VLC,Fab previewer or Micca media player.Power dvd 11 gets it correct when the second set of English subs with the black background is selected.They played in VLC but not correctly the subs after you see (the sisters are waiting) just flash on so quick you can't read them.

Comment

It's a Fab problem when Fabs own preview player put inside of the Fab program to preview how subtitles and audio tracks will look and play gets it wrong.Also it's a Fab problem because Fab media player get's it wrong also.
                        Don't confuse ripping with playback functionality. Do you honestly believe that DVDFab when ripping a complete disc to ISO changes anything about default streams? The only thing DVDFab changes on full disc rips is remove the copy protection (as do the other rippers). So if a full disc rip does not show forced subs, it's on your player (which can overwrite any default settings).

Also the bigger problem comes to mind is your not going to know what disks are like this until after you ripped them and played them then your going to have to go back and redo them if there's a solution to this problem.
                        There's only so many ways you can author forced subs and #3 and #4 are unlikely to be detected by rippers anytime soon.

MultiShrink

Comment

I don't want to turn my disks into Mkv's or have to go though using other software to get my Micca media player or the VLC and or Fab previewer to play the subs correct.I want to be able to put a 25 gig iso or folder on hard drive and play with my Micca,VLC and Fab previewer and get the forced subs playing correctly using only Fab.

Can Fab do anything to help with this kind of disk that has forced flagged in the regular or in this case the second set of English subs that have a black backround as on the Elysium region1 blu ray disk.?
                          +1

Comment

Quote (Don't confuse ripping with playback functionality)
                            Quote ( So if a full disc rip does not show forced subs, it's on your player (which can overwrite any default settings).

Bottom line it's a Fab problem because their preview player and their media player can't play these subs correct as Powerdvd11 does.Their for they need to fix this so those who use their products can continue to use their products without problems on these problem disks.Who would be enticed to purchase a Fab media product that can't do what other software media players such as power dvd does? I do hope my main point is clear to you now.

P.S. I don't have to know exactly how something works to know it don't work with Fab but it works with Power dvd 11.Paid developers only need to know whats wrong and how they fix it is their problem that's what they get paid for

A user such as myself and others here are doing a great job explaining and testing each step of the way this will give Fab staff more than what it needs to do their own testing and hopefully fixing for their products faster.This is why we have a forum we don't have to get every detail along the way correct on everything.

Comment

Let me remind everyone that China is closed for their Spring Festival/New Year national holiday for several weeks. I will have occasional contact with the staff and will refer this to them. I will also try to reproduce the problem when I get the discs.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X