Blu-ray compression problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray compression problem

Four successive times now I have tried to rip different Blu-rays I own and compress them from original format to BD-9 1080p/i just to save space. This had been working fine until two days ago. It normally taks a few hours so I didn't think anything ofit but when I came back to the computer a few hours later it had rebooted at some point during the process. After three more attempts I have found it is at the end of ripping at the software isn't completing the rip instead it is suffering some sort of fatal error.

It works fine when ripping at full size BD-50 and DVDs still rip fine. Is anyone else having problems with this particular rip arrangement or is it just happening to me? I'm not ruling out that this is Unique to my setup but I'm stumped as to why?

I have also had this happen during a compression computer shut down to protect it crash dump.

Also have a Fab pop up come up asking if I want to cancel for no reason just before the compression starts.

If it happens again I will send the logs.I think the computer remembers crash dumps also so if someones remembers how to retrieve this info i can post it.Or if any other log of Fabs records crash dumps besides the internal logs that i have to delete often let me know and I can post the other logs.

Comment

It has not happened to me, but you have provided very little information. Attach the DVDFab Internal log file session from one of these crashes.
      Originally posted by rookslide View Post
      Four successive times now I have tried to rip different Blu-rays I own and compress them from original format to BD-9 1080p/i just to save space. This had been working fine until two days ago. It normally taks a few hours so I didn't think anything ofit but when I came back to the computer a few hours later it had rebooted at some point during the process. After three more attempts I have found it is at the end of ripping at the software isn't completing the rip instead it is suffering some sort of fatal error.

It works fine when ripping at full size BD-50 and DVDs still rip fine. Is anyone else having problems with this particular rip arrangement or is it just happening to me? I'm not ruling out that this is Unique to my setup but I'm stumped as to why?
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry forgot the log...

It should be attached now. Starting on 3/1/14 @ 15:12:59 there are at least four failed rip attempts on a couple of titles probably more I kept trying the same movie a few times before trying another.

Had to cut the file down it was too big to upload all of it. I just loaded the last few days.

Please let me know if there is a clue in it I'm missing.
        Attached Files

Comment

No responses

I will say the latest update to 9.1.3.1 seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure about the process remaining open yet but at least I can rip to my preferred file type/size again.

Thanks to those that did respond and whomever fixed the issue in the latest release.

Comment

Working...
          X