Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Process not closing

This has been happening since somewhere shortly after v9.0.7.2
    The program closes fine but the process is still running in task manager I can see it is holding a bunch of memory tied up. It never use to do this. I assume I'm not the only one this is happening to... Anyone else see this happening? Is there a way to fix this?

Hi rookslide,

First, please uninstall and update to the latest version 9129beta and try again:

If dvdfab process still running after closed, please open Common Settings> General> Preview, check what preview engine you are using; if it is internal, please change it to Direct Show, then try to close.

If still doesn't work, please post your internal log here, thanks in advance.

-Ning
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I just did the update to 9.1.2.9 now I can't get it to start it keeps erroring out. Rebooted and still same...

Sorry about that last post. I have attached the log on this one. Had to cut it back it is way too big to attach all of it.

I updated to beta the software wouldn't start kept wanting to report the error to DVDFab so I sent it one time.

Since I couldn't start it I reverted back to 9.1.2.8 which is working as you can see in the last entry of the log.

I'm going to start a DVD rip and see if this solves the open process issue.

Thanks in advance if it does! If not I'll post the log again.

Well I thought perhaps changing the Preview from internal to Direct show would do it. I managed to rip a movie I already had on file and the process closed out. Then I ripped one from the DVD and the process stayed open. So now I don't know what to try next...

Anymore ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rookslide
        Well I thought perhaps changing the Preview from internal to Direct show would do it. I managed to rip a movie I already had on file and the process closed out. Then I ripped one from the DVD and the process stayed open. So now I don't know what to try next...

Anymore ideas?
        Hi, please open DVDFab installation directory, find out and double click to run the file which name is "QT Log", then post the newly generated internal log here, Thank you.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Here is the Qt log

Here is the Qt log.

I'll be at work for the next ten hours or so but I'll be able to work on this again briefly after that depending on what plans the wife has for me...

Thanks for all your help thus far. I know it isn't easy to see what sorts of problems are going on with other peoples software installations.
          Attached Files

Comment

No responses...

Can't say that the lack of responses after supplying the log is encouraging but the problem may have been solved. I managed to get a good rip but started the next before I could verify the process had closed out properly.

Hopefully my next post confirms the problem has been resolved... We'll see...

Comment

You made the same complaint about responses in another thread. The developers have finite time resources, I think it is better that they spend it on fixing problems, rather than worrying about keeping you updated. Be glad that is what they did.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Wasn't meant as a complaint...

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to complain. Let me explain myself. I was hoping that possibly someone else had experienced the same problem and that it wasn't just me. I didn't expect the developers to make attempts to solve my problem at all, I was rather surprised when they responded. Believe me I know they have very limited time/resources to be trying to fix every individuals issues.

Unfortunately, without seeing anyone else saying "hey I've had that problem, this is what worked for me..." I have to assume the problem is unique to my system which means I will need to explore more options in house to try to solve it.

It was not my intention to complain at all. My apologies if my posts were whiny or sounded like complaints. I've been trying to solve this problem for a few months now and hoped that someone else may have experienced it too that was all.

As I said before,
                Thanks for all your help thus far. I know it isn't easy to see what sorts of problems are going on with other peoples software installations.

Comment

Working...
                X