Blu-Ray ISO create speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray ISO create speed

Does anyone know why I might be seeing such slow write speeds when creating Blu_Ray ISO files either from a previously copied Blu-Ray to file system source or directly from the Blu-Ray disc source ? The best speed I can get is 2.7X, which takes 2-3 hours per Blu-Ray to create the ISO. On regular DVDs I get speeds in excess of 174X and it will write out a 5GB DVD ISO in two minutes. I've checked all option and can't find anything. I've tested 9.1.3.6 and 9.1.3.8.

Post your internal log for the long attempt. I can't reproduce it I just did a BD from the disk folder in 6 minutes and wrote it to another HDD in 2 minutes with 9.1.3.8.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Same here as 90312, no speed issues using v9138 from a folder on an eSATA drive to an internal drive, a 17 GB main movie to ISO in under 3 minutes, about 100 MB/s, 74x.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, I did more testing and the issue is related to writing to a network drive vs. local drive. Local drive is fine. Using a network drive for Blu-Ray I get 2.7X, even though I have a gigabit based network. On DVDs I don't see this and I get great performance around 28X and over 300Mb/s. Just writing Blu-Ray ISOs are slow on the network drive.

Comment

Tonight I tested 8.2.3.0 creating a Blu-Ray ISO to my network drive and it was fine. < 30 minutes to read the Blu-Ray and write the ISO across my gig network. Looks like something changed in v9 somewhere.

Comment

I tested v9.1.4.0 and get the same results. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be different since there was no mention in the release notes but I figured I'd test just the same and see.

Comment

Was this ever resolved as to why it's happening. I have the same issue, so I've been writing the ISO and converting to MKV. Then writing the file to my NAS via Windows Explorer.
              Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (Stock)
              Gigabyte EP45-UD3P w/ FD Bios
              4MB G.Skill PC2-6400
              nVidia GeForce GT 240

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
                Does anyone know why I might be seeing such slow write speeds when creating Blu_Ray ISO files either from a previously copied Blu-Ray to file system source or directly from the Blu-Ray disc source ? The best speed I can get is 2.7X, which takes 2-3 hours per Blu-Ray to create the ISO. On regular DVDs I get speeds in excess of 174X and it will write out a 5GB DVD ISO in two minutes. I've checked all option and can't find anything. I've tested 9.1.3.6 and 9.1.3.8.
                I have the same problem. Internal (local drive) ISO creation works ok, but when the ISO is created through LAN to a drive located in another PC, the creation is extremely slow (tooks approx. 4 hours). Software version 9.1.7.9.

I never had similar problems with versions 8.x.x.x or earlier, seems that there is something (wrong) with this new 9.x.x.x version.

Has anyone / DVDFab team found a solutions for this problem?

Comment

I just posted about this in the "general Forum". I also am experiencing very slow (1.7) iso creation speeds writing the file across a network.

Once the current movie is done, I will try creating the ISO image to a local drive instead to see if that fixes the issue. My network is gigabit speed compatible (switch and router) with sinology DS413j NAS.

Thoughts?

Comment

Update:
                    After reading another thread it seems as if fab v9 might be to blame so I downloaded the last version of 8xxx QT, setup everything identical to my current setup in version 9 and sure enough..... I'm now getting speeds of around 6.5x while the ISO is bring created.

So what gives?? Suggestions?

Comment

I just did one that I saved to a local disk instead of my NAS, and it increased speed by a factor of 10. Why, I don't know but the faster speed is still within the realm of the gig network and normal speed between the comupter and NAS.

Kevin

Comment

I have the same issue....

Is there any update on when this will be resolved?

Comment

Writing across a network is not an optimum environment if speed is an issue. Please try writing a BDMV folder to this same NAS drive and see if there is any difference. Also, attach the DVDFab log session from one of these titles that has been slow.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I will do that shortly...

I am currently copying Captain America The First Avenger, and this is taking a long time to create the ISO on the NAS (currently at 23%, with 1hr30min remaining!). The real point here is that it never used to take this long, as someone as already mentioned in the post....

I have just switched from Mac to PC, so my previous experience of writing the ISO is with your MAC product, but this was very fast when writing to the NAS.

I will upload the file when this has finished, and then try writing the folder as you suggest.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

log file attached.

Now writing BDMV file to the NAS, will feedback when complete.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X