Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Frankenstein Region B No text in menu,cannot play movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy I Frankenstein Region B No text in menu,cannot play movie.

version 9.1.4.6

I frankenstein UK region B

Menu structure broken.
    I clone full disc,put mini iso in virtual drive then shrink to fit 25gb disc.
    Copy loads up,plays trailers,then goes into the moving motion menu but the text like play /chapters/extras does not show up and i cannot use chapter search,says theres no function on this disc to do that.
    Had a very similar problem with hunger games catching fire.

Theres definately a menu structure problem happening during the backup process.
    Heres the log attached
    Attached Files

Gary, does the ISO you made play correctly (i.e. the menus)? Note that it is not necessary to use Virtual Drive for ISO Sources with DVDFab, it can read image files directly in the ISO format.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

hi signals..
      I only have a mini iso.
      I made the backup exactly how I make all my backups which is to backup full uncompressed disc with mini iso ticked and 3d playback.
      When I look in the DVD9 folder I dont see any iso other than the mini iso.
      I then put a 25gb disc in and open virtual drive to mount mini iso as i have always done to make my 3d backups...then i compress the mini iso to fit on a 25gb disc.
      Sorry for the very non tech terms,im not particulaly clued up on tech language but i always do my 3d discs the same way and normally dont have a problem...I just noticed theres yet another new version out of dvdfab,wonder if it would help?

I did just have another go by creating a full iso on my desktop to see if iso has full menu but I dont know how to play isos as i never use my computer to watch media..I always burn them onto a 25gb disc...does the log look like everything was succesful ?

Comment

Let's not complicate this with another variable right now. The version you have should work.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Let's not complicate this with another variable right now. The version you have should work.
          Ok.
          So any ideas on whats going wrong?
          I just backed up 47 ronin 3d with no problem using the same blank discs and same method of backup.
          I have also attempted to play the unworkable backup disc of i frankenstein on my pc using powerdvd and it still only gives trailers and then motion menu with no text...so i guess that eliminates the discs used,the writer and players..its like when compressing something happens to the menu structure.

Has anybody successfully made a back up of Region B I Frankenstein 3D?

Comment

Gary, I do not have the disc so no way to try it myself. The log shows no error codes and thinks that it worked. Possibly a new protection. You might try turning off Lightning Shrink for this disc to see if that helps. Since you are apparently not in the US, you can try updating to 9.1.5.0. You are introducing another variable by loading the miniso as a Source, which may or may not be part of the problem, even though it worked in the past. Try using the "+" in the upper left to load the BDMV volume folder for compression. Perhaps someone else with the Region B disc can report for us.

Comment

Hi Gary:I have no problem with my 50 gig cloned iso US region 2d/3d disk. It plays in power dvd 11 fine with menus extras and choice of playback 2d or 3d.Just so you know Powerdvd had updates to it's program just a few days ago check to see if theirs updates for your version these updates are important in playing newer blu rays.

When making a 3d disk use clone/burn to make a 50 gig cloned iso from the store brought disk output to hard drive this is a bit by bit exact copy as it's on the disk minus the protection.

This makes a cloned iso so theirs no need to tick make mini iso your not making a full disk that will copy in a different way not the best way for 3d disks.

Now open Fab see the plus sign click on that and find the cloned iso you made and put on the hard drive or drag it in with your mouse this will add it to the Fab program.You don't need the virtual drive but could also use it just another step you don't need anymore.

Once in Fab the cloned iso may be burnt to disk 50 gigs or reduced in size to 25 gigs make sure you output to blu ray burner if burning disk and use the Fab burner in blu ray settings or img burn.You can output to hard drive if you want to use a media player or software player to view it from the hard drive.Power dvd will need virtual drive to view the ISO Fabs own media player can play without virtual drive this is if you want to view it on the computer as I iso.

I am reducing my 50 gig cloned iso to 25 gigs and burning to disk to see if theirs a compression or burn problem with this movie and will post or edit this message when done burning now will know in about 40mins.
              Last edited by glenns; 05-30-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks signals and glenns..I appreciate the advice and possible solutions..will try a few of those sugestions and let you know how i get on.

Comment

Gary: also both your blu ray burners are way out of date update the firmware here first http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/BH10LS38/files.html as you use these drives to make the iso to hard drive and they must be updated to read and burn newer blu rays.Follow all directions or you can make your drive useless.About 10 more mins the burn will be done.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                    Gary: also both your blu ray burners are way out of date update the firmware here first http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/BH10LS38/files.html as you use these drives to make the iso to hard drive and they must be updated to read and burn newer blu rays.Follow all directions or you can make your drive useless.About 10 more mins the burn will be done.
                    OK will update the BH16NS40 one..I dont use the other bluray writer at all,everythings done on the one i will update ( just downloaded it now )

Comment

In post #6 Signals has made a mistake in telling you to turn off lightning shrink that works with cuda and quick sync that you don't have.it's lightning recording you should try turning off that your log says you were using 2m 58.87s: Lightning-Recoding (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding) enabled
                      however because you are using xp and no gpu help i wouldn't do this till you make all your other updates.Try burning to hard drive just a few chapters of the full disk movie with lightning record on then play on Power dvd after checking for it's important updates then if the menu is still messed up then turn lightning recording off and do a few chapters play with power dvd on hard drive and see the results.

My results of compression of 50 -25 gig iso then burning disk resulted in a great copy that works fine in all menus for my region disk.I wouldn't say it's a Fab thing till you follow all my directions.
                      Last edited by glenns; 05-30-2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                        In post #6 Signals has made a mistake in telling you to turn off lightning shrink that works with cuda and quick sync that you don't have.it's lightning recording you should try turning off that your log says you were using 2m 58.87s: Lightning-Recoding (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding) enabled
                        however because you are using xp and no gpu help i wouldn't do this till you make all your other updates.Try burning to hard drive just a few chapters of the full disk movie with lightning record on then play on Power dvd after checking for it's important updates then if the menu is still messed up then turn lightning recording off and do a few chapters play with power dvd on hard drive and see the results.

My results of compression of 50 -25 gig iso then burning disk resulted in a great copy that works fine in all menus for my region disk.I wouldn't say it's a Fab thing till you follow all my directions.
                        Thanks glenns..will take that all on board and will let you know the results..it will likely be tomorrow now as its 10.30pm here,thanks for your efforts thus far.

Comment

So I updated my bluray writer firmware made an ISO clone from master onto my Hard Drive,then I added the ISO into DVDFAB and tried to do full disc onto a 25gb disc.
                          The result was it gave me the complete menu with text allowing me to view the film in 3D ..Very happy bunny now so thanks for the tips
                          Last edited by Gary1609; 05-31-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X