Can I have the Main Movie AND a Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I have the Main Movie AND a Menu

I typically have been backing up all my blu rays by doing the complete disc and compressing it to fit on 25GB discs.

Being sick and tired of all the must watch trailers and extras I don't care about, using Blu-ray Copy can I just back up the main movie AND the menu?

I would still like for it to spin up to the menu so I can see the title and graphics.

Is there any option for this now or soon to come?

Thanks
    Kathy

That feature is already there, it is called Customize mode (part of Copy). It works perfectly with DVDs but with Blu-rays not all the features of the DVD mode are available yet, it is still being optimized.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I wish they would optimize a little faster.

Kathy

Comment

You are welcome, I just tried one (Blu-ray, TV episode disc) and it worked fine, but remember that the annoying extras are often part of the menu system and will be included if you keep the menus (on Blu-rays). Main Movie is really much more practical for movies, keeping the menus is a plus for TV episode discs whether Blu-ray or DVD.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So basically, I should give it a try of backing up the MAIN MOVIE only and then pop the Blu-Ray in a player. It will start with the opening credits I presume and all the other junk is gone?

Kathy

Comment

Yes, that is what I do. Even with hard drives as cheap as they have become, it is still not worth it to me to store Blu-rays in their original format, since I rarely watch anything except the main title. If a disc has some really outstanding extras, like a documentary or something, it may be worth having it all archived, but that is subjective and something you can decide for yourself. The thing I hate most are the Previews, which take up tons of space and must be navigated through again and again.

Comment

After placing a blu ray into customize what do you do to get the menu included with main movie from a cloned ISO on the hard drive? does it work with 3d? if trailers are included can't you delete them after.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by glenns; 07-07-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                After placing a blu ray into customize what do you do to get the menu included with main movie from a cloned ISO on the hard drive? does it work with 3d? if trailers are included can't you delete them after.
                Good question. Hopefully Signals will come back and guide us thru it.

I'd like to try it once and see what happens.

Kathy

Comment

The menu is included by default in Blu-ray Customize. In the future I hope for an include/exclude menu option on the Advanced Settings page for this mode. You can add extras by putting checkmarks in the Other Titles box(es).

Glenns, I am not sure about 3D content, I think the devs would like for more users to try it and report.

Let me remind you all again that this feature is still being optimized and may not have perfect results with all content. Please report any discs that seem to cause problems or have missing or non-functioning menus. This applies only to Blu-ray sources.

Comment

I tried it with The book thief blu ray 2d the cloned iso is 41GB
                    The main movie is 27.8 GB
                    The custom main movie with menu is 36.4 GB
                    That's 8.6 gigs more for the main movie with menu and necessary files.Not worth 8.6 gigs of hard drive space in my humble opinion.This movie has no trailers or extras even on the cloned iso.I output this as a folder.

The custom file ran fine on Powerdvd 11 but included the copy write warning and the 20th century fox logo.I didn't check any of the extra's boxes and feel these 2 items should not of been included as main movie is just that nothing else.I tried it on the VLC player and it won't play on it.
                    No way for you to fix this.
                    No suitable decoder module:
                    VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf"

For 3d testing I used Nurse 3d it was 36 GB as a cloned iso
                    27.8 GB as a maim movie and
                    36 GB as a custom main movie with menu this time I output a iso it had trailers and extras and included everything without me selecting any extras from the check list to include.

This is very interesting as I believe our Chinese Fab friends missed out on a big marketing opportunity if they could get it to work for all players as many of us have 2d and 3d software and hardware media players that won't play a iso's menu.Using this option you can have that though more testing is necessary to see if other software and media players can play these like power dvd 11 can.

VLC is not a 3d player but it did play this movie in 2d if used with virtual drive but it played the main movie only not from menu.Power dvd 11 played it in 3d and from the main menu.My hardware 3d Micca media player played both test movies from the main movie start so only power dvd 11 played it from the menu of the software and hardware media players I have.

I will do a compression to 25 gigs from Customize mode and burn a blu ray and play on my Panasonic blu ray hardware player to complete my testing. I will post that result when it's done in another post.
                    Last edited by glenns; 07-08-2014, 05:28 AM.

Comment

The book thief blu ray movie compressed and burnt to 25 gig disk didn't work in my hardware DMP-BD75 Panasonic blu ray player it played the 20 century fox logo and froze up the blu ray player had to unplug it as no commands worked.Took disk put in same burner drive that burned the disk then tried to play with Power dvd 11 played the logo and stopped at the menu saying the power dvd program couldn't read a file and froze.Played with VLC it was able to play the disk but from the main movie start not the menu.

In my humble opinion for blu rays and 3d blu rays use main movie it works on all different kinds of players and uses less space.This custom disk is not ready for most of my equipment except power dvd 11.Different equipment may result in different results I would label it experimental for blu ray use.
                      Last edited by glenns; 07-08-2014, 07:35 AM.

Comment

This is very interesting as I believe our Chinese Fab friends missed out on a big marketing opportunity if they could get it to work for all players as many of us have 2d and 3d software and hardware media players that won't play a iso's menu.
                        I agree, Blu-ray Customize should be a great feature if we could make it work correctly.
                        include copy with menu or copy without menu and copy the selected title only.

Wilson
                        Please post your logs the default location is:
                        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

BD Customize also works with TMT6 in many cases.

Comment

Working...
                          X