Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"failed to connect to the internet, please check your network settings"

Hello all,

I just upgraded from 9.1.6.4 to 9.1.6.6 (U.S.) and when I tried to copy my first blu ray I got the "failed to connect to the internet, please check your network settings" error. My network settings are set to automatic and I have no anti-virus or anti-spyware software blocking my internet connection.

Please post or attach the DVDFab internal log session that illustrates this error. I just checked the server, it seem to be fine.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by rayians View Post
      Hello all,

I just upgraded from 9.1.6.4 to 9.1.6.6 (U.S.) and when I tried to copy my first blu ray I got the "failed to connect to the internet, please check your network settings" error. My network settings are set to automatic and I have no anti-virus or anti-spyware software blocking my internet connection.
      the U.S. version of dvdfab, bluray decryption is currently disabled
      read here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_do_disc_...htm#how_to_faq

Comment

Hi:This free program woookao works well with Fab if you have the US version and will allow the US version of Fab to decode blu rays.
        Last edited by signals; 09-06-2014, 02:22 PM. Reason: removed link for legal reasons

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          the U.S. version of dvdfab, bluray decryption is currently disabled
          read here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_do_disc_...htm#how_to_faq
          Thanks! I was actually looking for that information on this website when I first saw the OP, because I knew it related to his problem. I will reproduce the answer below for everyone else viewing this thread in the future:

Q: Why do I see the notice about AACS circumvention?

A: Making backup copies of discs you own or converting them to play on different devices (commonly called "Fair Use" in most places) requires circumventing or removing the copy prevention technology used on the original discs. For Blu-ray discs, this technology is known as AACS and is aggressively defended by an organization that controls and licenses it to the disc makers. Thus, DVDFab products sold in the US no longer contain the ability to remove this technology from AACS-protected discs. That being said, DVDFab users in the US may be able to search for third-party tools such as AnyDVD HD(payware), Wookao(freeware) to restore the ability to copy or convert this material. If the law from your region/area does not allow such "Fair Use" of copyrighted materials, please do not use these products. If you think the law for your area should be changed, please contact your elected representative(s).
          Last edited by signals; 09-06-2014, 01:54 PM. Reason: removed links for legal reasons, please do not change site content

Comment

I'm not 100% sure what my issue was, but I did an uninstall and downloaded 9.1.6.6 from the dvdfab website. As soon as I put my registration info in it logged me in and so far I've had no further issues. Thank you for your help everyone!

Comment

Working...
            X