Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% CPU and memory

I am backing up a 3D BD50 to BD25.

My system has 32gb of DDR3-2400. 2gb reserved for a Ramdrive.

I am running Malwarebytes, Kiwi syslog server to monitor my router, firefox and the rest is just normal drivers and windows processes.

I am currently also running AVSHDCoder too. I often run multiple programs together, but never have they behaved like this. The first pass usually takes 30 - 40 minutes. At present it is telling me 4.5 hours for the first pass.

So, I killed AVSHDCoder so that DVDFab was running solo.

This did not reduce memory or CPU consumption.

Now I'm not suggesting for a second this is a bug with DVDFab, but it is extremely unusual behavior on my system. I often keep and eye on things, and I am sure I have never observed this behavior before.

As nothing has crashed [yet], there is nothing unusual in the dvdfab_internal_log file that I can see.

My CPU is a I7-3770K running at 4.3ghz, with a GTX660Ti 2gb graphics card

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

As I said, nothing has crashed yet, so I don't know what information I can grab to help.

thanks
    Tanya

g'day Tanya

Please post the log session where DVDFab was running alone, the devs may be able to see something.

Cheeyahs
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Are you condensing to a 25GB file directly from the original 50GB 3D disc? If so, you shouldn't as it causes unnecessary stress and wear on the drive as well as compound the time it takes to complete the task. It's recommended to first copy the 50GB disc to the HDD and then condense it to 25GB from that file. Trust me, I've been there, done that!
      Last edited by SuperFist; 09-24-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
        Are you condensing to a 25GB file directly from the original 50GB 3D disc? If so, you shouldn't as it causes unnecessary stress and wear on the drive as well as compound the time it takes to complete the task. It's recommended to first copy the 50GB disc to the HDD and then condense it to 25GB from that file. Trust me, I've been there, done that!
        Damn good advice!

Lol, I had come across that before too. I had already backed up the disk to an ISO image, and compressed it from there. I do that as a matter of habit now.

Which is why is so strange.

Comment

3D copy does not support CUDA or IQS GPU yet, and will use CPU only.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X