Scenes out of order problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenes out of order problems

In the last year there has been a slew of blu-ray movies that have this scenes out of order problem, I'll list them at the end. In some cases it's minor where the movie cuts to a 20 second scene that's out of continuity order two or three times throughout and then right back to continuity. But some movies have serious problems where there are 3 minutes (or more, I haven't exactly put a stop watch on them) sections that go back and forth a dozen times during the course of playback.

For example, one movie that had the biggest problem is The Hunger Games - Catching Fire and two people besides myself reported it in this thread http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...s+order&page=3 back in March 2014. Here are several examples of the problem:

At 9:16 Katniss is talking to president snow in the library; at 9:17 cuts to a scene on the train were Peta walks in and says something like "You don't have to apologize to anybody, including me" this scene go's on for 2:47 until 12:04 and then returns to the scene in the library.

This is were it starts to get really complicated: Then at 16:26 Katniss & Peta have just finished the interview in Victor's Village and Effie say something like "We're out of here in 10 bla bla bla the train awaits" and continuity cuts back to the train at 16:27; and a scene plays that appears to lead into the out of order train scene at 9:17, this scene lasts until 16:59 and then at 17:00 cuts to Peta and Katniss speaking at the podium at their first stop on the tour, a scene which should have followed the scene that was interrupted 12:04; this scene runs until 18:29 when it cuts back to the scene in the library with Katniss saying "why don't you just kill me now" a scene which has already played. A good portion of the first quarter of the movie is like this; cutting back and forth between scenes which are out of order and in some cases scenes replaying.

Over the last nine months, I've tried every once in a while to copy this again to see if there's been any improvement and I just tried again yesterday with version 9.1.8.7, I see that version 9.1.8.8 is out but I doubt that one minor version update will correct this problem. I've attached a log file of the yesterdays full disc copy in case anyone wants to look at it.

Also, another thing about Catching Fire: the DVDFab ripper seems to suggest that 205 is the correct playlist file for this disc but there are a total of 226 playlist files for this disc and 80 that are the exact same byte size as 205; I've watched at least 15 of the 80 and so far all of them seem to have the same scene continuity errors. so if someone knows that one of these 80 playlist files plays the movie without continuity errors then please let me know what it is.

As I mentioned above Catching Fire has by far the worse of the scene continuity issues but also Divergent has some serious problems as well. As I mentioned above there have been a slew of movies in the last year that have minor scene continuity problems: Red 2, The Expendables 3 and a couple more whose names I can't recall right now.

Can someone from the Fab team please look into this problem, also why this was reported almost a year ago and yet the problem still exists. Perhaps put a sticky thread at the top of this forum for people to report this?

- Norm
    Attached Files

Sorry for late replay. Because we have a holiday and left 10 days.
    You convert to mp4 that read from log. Does convert reslut also has out of order problem?
    I will try this issue. Is it playback bd fulldisc copy result/ripper to mp4/copy main movies from you describe out of order?
    Tell me how you got the result has issue. I will tried to reproduce.
    I will repro the steps from you copy link.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

You can tried title 461 if it was fab chooesed a wrong title.

DVDFab Player 5:

Comment

Scenes out of order

Hi Dora:

Thanks for the reply, I'm sorry that I didn't realize you had a holiday.

In answer to your questions "You convert to mp4 that read from log. Does convert reslut also has out of order problem?" if a particular playlist had continuity errors then when ripping that same playlist the resulting mp4 had the exact same errors and there was no difference between the two. Also it makes no difference if I'm ripping from the original disc or a backup copy (or an iso saved to disc), a ripp of playlist 205 has continuity errors either way; also any other of the 15 out of 80 playlist files that I've tried that have the exact same byte size (2,566 as playlist 205) have the scene continuity errors.

As you suggested, I tried playlist 461 which has a different byte size than playlist 205 (461 has 2,712 bytes) and at the moment I've watched up to 1 hour and 44 minutes and there does not appear to be any continuity errors with playlist 461.

So as far as I can see the problem is that all those playlists with the same byte size as 205 are simply wrong; the only reason that I was using 205 was that when you ripp either from the original disc or a backup copy the DVDFab ripper suggested 205 as the default / proper playlist for the disc. I had looked at some of the other playlist files; as I said there are 266 total playlist files but only those with byte sizes between 2,420 and 3,004 are playlists that are associated with the actual movie (a total of 226) as some others that are smaller are special features and other notices. I guess it's really a matter of ferreting out what the correct playlist is; I tried a number of other playlists but I just couldn't hit on the right one.

Thanks for your help!

- Norm

Comment

Hi! Dora,

I palyed this movie (The Hunger Games - Catching Fire) on DVDFAB media player. It listed title 205 as a main movie (wrong title) in play list. DVDFAB media player shows total movie time during playback. It was higer than title 205. Media player listed 5 or 6 titles with correct movie time. Title 461 (correct title) was one of them. Is there anyway I can find correct main movie title in this type of situation?
          Last edited by Minesh; 03-02-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

What are you playing, fulldisc copy result or original disc?
            If your result was wrong, then play disc.
            I don't know any way can found correct title quickly, only tried to play the title one by one.

DVDFab Player 5:

Comment

Scenes out of order - Insurgent

Dora:

I'm sorry to report that like the original Divergent movie and all of the Hunger Games movies, I'm experiencing some significant scenes out of order problem with Insurgent. This is the blu-ray version, region 0.

Fab 9.2.0.6 beta selects playlist 0 as the chosen playlist to ripp; all the playlists with the exception of 437 (and 437 is not a proper playlist) are identical in byte size and runtime; there are approximately 300 playlists.

Watching the ripp of playlist 0 (or actually watching a copy of the disc saved to my hard drive in VLC) there are any number of instances where there are sudden cuts that are not normal; some of them are obvious and others are not. The ones I have written down are at 7:50 there's a cut between scenes which I don't believe belongs there; that scene runs from 7:51 to 9:06 and then cuts back to the scene that was cut at 7:50. There are at least three more instances of that through the film.

Is there a different playlist that has the full movie without these scene order problems?

- Norm

Comment

Norm
                Post the complete internal log session, tips in my sig, below.

Next time, please start a new thread for a new title, it is unrelated to the earlier posts and confusing to other users and staff.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Scenes out of order - Insurgent

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Norm
                  Post the complete internal log session, tips in my sig, below.

Next time, please start a new thread for a new title, it is unrelated to the earlier posts and confusing to other users and staff.
                  Singnals:

Ok, I'll post the log as soon as I'm able; I'm traveling and not at home.

If you want me to start a new thread fine, but it just doesn't make sense to me since I started this thread for titles that have this "scenes out of order problem" and the original Divergent movie had this exact same problem. You say it's unrelated to my earlier posts but it's the exact same subject of this thread and don't you think that rather than have one thread for each title and having the staff addressing each thread it would be easier for the staff to concentrate on a single thread about titles that all have the same issue?

Just sayin....

- Norm

Comment

Read my post, I said next time. These are different titles, different versions of DVDFab etc. Not really the same. There seem to be at least two US versions of this title, the one I have copies without the jumping that you describe. The staff is checking the other version.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Norm@Home View Post
                      I'm sorry to report that like the original Divergent movie and all of the Hunger Games movies, I'm experiencing some significant scenes out of order problem with Insurgent. This is the blu-ray version, region 0.
                      First of, with Blu-ray there is no such thing as region 0. It is region free (which normally means that no region detection code is employed at all).

2D, or 3D? For a 2D release, the correct playlist is 407. For the 3D it is 765 or 843. If there is more than one release out there, the correct playlist may be different.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        There seem to be at least two US versions of this title, the one I have copies without the jumping that you describe.
                        What are the UPC codes? Good UPC code and bad UPC code?

Comment

the 2 versions - http://www.dvdempire.com/1742310/div...t-blu-ray.html
                          Last edited by october262; 08-06-2015, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X