restrict compatible vs completely compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

restrict compatible vs completely compatible

Not sure if in right forum location so feel free to move.
    I have googled this over and over, so if I have failed in googlefu, please feel free to call me out.

So recently I've started to back up my blu-ray collection (been doing dvds mostly up till now), and I've noticed the following options in the blu-ray copy section. I also recently noticed a change in the verbage (i.e. restrict changed to completely). I looked through the release notes, and saw nothing on this change. I prefer my blu-rays backups to be useable in all situations, so I'm very interested in the differences here. Also, given I have just started, I'd prefer to start right. Does one of the following options incorporate the other?

TL;DR Can someone tell me the difference between the options below, and why the change in wordage?

Blu-ray copy Common Settings Settings screen

Option 1 (Old)
    Create restrict compatible AVCHD folder structure(without certificate folder) : for the occasion when the resulting disc is to be played on stand-alone player.

Option 1 (New)
    Create completely compatible AVCHD folder structure(without certificate folder) : for the occasion when the resulting disc is to be played on stand-alone player.

Option 2
    Create software player friendly AVCHD folder structure (with certificate folder) : for the occasion when the resulting disc is to be played via software player.

The need for option 1 doesn't make any sense, since standalone players work with the Certificate directory. They have to, since studio released Blu-ray discs have to have it.

So, let DVDFab create the empty Certificate directory.

Comment

I'm more asking for an official response to why the wording was changed?

Comment

I think the wording was just a text or translation update, there is no change at all in the output structure that either option produces.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X