want to show only forced/foreign language captions in BR/DVD copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to show only forced/foreign language captions in BR/DVD copy

I'm trying to put some Blu-Ray and DVD films onto my HTPC; these are not rips, but "full movie"-type copies. I'm trying to find a way to show only the subtitles that are "painted" onto the film - as in foreign-language dialogue bits - rather than those that are accessed via the disc menu.

DVDFab puts subtitles over everything when I select "English" in the subtitles list, but gets rid of the ones I want when I select "None". Any ideas? I am using v 9.1.1.2, for reference.

If you make the copies using Full Disc copy mode and play them back with a movie player like DVDFab Player or PowerDVD, you should see exactly what you want. It should look just as it did in a theater with no need to make any adjustments on menus or with other controls. Some players don't handle subs well. I would suggest an update to your DVDFab installation.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      If you make the copies using Full Disc copy mode and play them back with a movie player like DVDFab Player or PowerDVD, you should see exactly what you want. It should look just as it did in a theater with no need to make any adjustments on menus or with other controls. Some players don't handle subs well. I would suggest an update to your DVDFab installation.
      Ah - sorry, I made a mistake. The copy method I'm using is "main movie"; "full disc" would land me with all the menus and extras nonsense that just takes up space on an HTPC.

Any ideas for the "main movie" process? Or some other way ("customize", maybe)?

Comment

Working...
      X