Blu-Ray to DB5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray to DB5

I'm trying to copy a Blu-ray to DB5 using DVD+R media but when it asks for a blank disc and put one in, it tells me that the disc inserted is a DVD and to insert a Blu-ray. I thought this feature was to copy Blu-rays to DVDs that can only be played on blu-ray players. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

If that's what you want Gale don't select to DVD, just let the BR scan and select what you want here:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

That is what I am doing. But it still asks me for a Blu-ray disc.

Comment

here's a guide on how to convert bluray to dvd 5 disc - http://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-to-dvd-...dvd-5-disc.htm

Comment

Thank you, however this is not what I am wanting to do. DVDFab has a feature that allows you to copy a Blu-ray to DVD media by choosing BD5 from the drop down menu in Blu-ray copy. I believe it creates an AVCHD disc that plays in Blu-ray players only. I have used it before, it's been a while, maybe a year or so, but it worked fine. Now I am trying to do it again and it keeps asking for a Blu-ray disc to burn on. I can copy it to my hard drive and then burn it with Nero on a DVD just fine. Perhaps there is a bug in DVDFab for this feature?

Gale

Comment

Originally posted by Gale View Post
            Thank you, however this is not what I am wanting to do. DVDFab has a feature that allows you to copy a Blu-ray to DVD media by choosing BD5 from the drop down menu in Blu-ray copy. I believe it creates an AVCHD disc that plays in Blu-ray players only. I have used it before, it's been a while, maybe a year or so, but it worked fine. Now I am trying to do it again and it keeps asking for a Blu-ray disc to burn on. I can copy it to my hard drive and then burn it with Nero on a DVD just fine. Perhaps there is a bug in DVDFab for this feature?

Gale
            the bluray copy feature is what you want - http://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-copy.htm

Comment

Yes it is. It is also what I am using. Once the conversion is done by DVDFab it ejects the disc I am trying to copy and asks for writable media. When I insert a DVD+R (that is supposed to work) it kicks it back out and says to insert a blank Blu-ray. I must be the only one that is trying to use this feature.

Comment

I just tried one Gale and it did the same thing to me. Same message and ejected the disc. Must be a problem somewhere?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you for trying it; I'm glad to know it's not just me. Is there a specific place to report this bugs?

Comment

It's possible a developer will see this thread, but probably best to go to DVDFab.cn and fill out a support ticket.

Albert Einstein

Comment

This was a known issue that has been fixed, watch for a new version this week. In the meantime, try writing the the BD5 to a HDD folder, then use ImgBurn standalone in Build mode to make and burn the content to disc, worked for me. This produces amazingly good video.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the feedback signals. This is the only way to backup a BR using a 25 cent blank!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X