Cinavia on media player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia on media player

Decided to go to media player from WD a few months back and have had very little trouble using US version of Fab to copy onto a portable HD. I've copied many movies but recently went back to watch some I hadn't watched when I copied them, namely Mockingbird Pt. 1 and Expendables 3. Both stopped due to cinavia in copy. I thought that using a media player would avoid this problem. I am making a direct copy onto the HD not reducing size or changing anything. Should I be making an Iso or using some other method to copy or have I missed a workaround? The majority of my copies work fine and I do not have the media player connected to the web only using it to play from the HD. Thanks in advance for any help.

Try making an MKV movie-only rip and see if that works better.

Comment

I am surprised that a media player has cinavia detection. I understood that it only included hardware players. I'm not sure if media players like Cyberlink PowerDVD is supposed to have detection as well. If your media player is like PowerDVD, then it might.

Older versions won't have detection, either hardware or software.

As for making a MKV file, that won't make a difference. Cinavia is part of the audio stream and cannot be removed.

But, the mkv file can be played by VLC and it does not have cinavia detection. VLC can also directly play M2TS files.

Comment

Originally posted by gimp View Post
        Decided to go to media player from WD a few months back
        What media player exactly? NONE of the WDTV models support Cinavia and NONE gives you any message when playing a Cinavia infected file.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
        MultiShrink
        : DVD Shrink batch processing
        Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

I am using a WDTV model #WDBYMN0000NBK-HESN which has the wifi and network turned off and has only been used to play copies from a MY Book 4T HD. I am using the US version of DVDFab and an on the fly decrypter. I haven't tried the MKV file approach but don't see how that will make a difference if the file is embedded in the audio track. I have tried to find any way that the copy could have been infected but I come up with nothing. I know that media players are not supposed to be infected but I have purposely not connected this to the net in any way to prevent an upgrade even from occurring. I only have pre-Ciinavia software for burning on my desktop which has not been updated. I am at a lack for explaination and by the way neither of these movies displayed a warning in DVDFab when they were being made. Thanks for the answers and suggestions to my post and if anyone has any further help thanks in advance.

Comment

My media player won't play a movie in the folder, it plays the first VOB then quits, not Cinavia, just can't knit them together. I would try a main movie iso and give it a try.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I haven't tried the MKV file approach but don't see how that will make a difference if the file is embedded in the audio track. .
              It helps because many players that detect Cinavia on optical disc or in folder structures and ISO will ignore it in media files.

Comment

I haven't tried the MKV file approach but don't see how that will make a difference if the file is embedded in the audio track.
                Nor will it make a difference. The point however is, that the WDTV has no Blu-Ray license, is not obligated to check for Cinavia and therefor does not have any routine to check for Cinavia. So how come you think it's Cinvavia? Did you get a message or what?

MultiShrink

Comment

Decided to go to media player from WD a few months back and have had very little trouble using US version of Fab to copy onto a portable HD. I've copied many movies but recently went back to watch some I hadn't watched when I copied them, namely Mockingbird Pt. 1 and Expendables 3. Both stopped due to cinavia in copy. I thought that using a media player would avoid this problem. I am making a direct copy onto the HD not reducing size or changing anything. Should I be making an Iso or using some other method to copy or have I missed a workaround? The majority of my copies work fine and I do not have the media player connected to the web only using it to play from the HD. Thanks in advance for any help.
                  sorry your having trouble with the wd media player.i have the same model.have backed up my bd movies to 2 tb my book and never had any pop up window about cinavia.also i'm using up to date firmware from wd

Comment

So far I have only found this on the two movies mentioned in previous posts. It comes up with the typical Cinavia message about copyright and then jumps to another part of the movie. Will it make a difference to do an ISO file and if so will all the regular features of the menu work? I am going to try recopying the movies and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Playback from an ISO is not likely to be any different. Some players don't handle them well, not sure about the one you have.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So far I have only found this on the two movies mentioned in previous posts. It comes up with the typical Cinavia message about copyright and then jumps to another part of the movie. .
                        Sorry but that's not a Cinavia issue. Cinavia puts up a message specific to Cinavia, and mutes all audio. The audio remains muted for the rest of the movie.

Displaying a copyright message and skipping to a different part of the movie is JAVA playlist obfuscation, and indicates that you ripped the movie with a version of Fab that didn't correctly handle that title. The titles you mention were well known for having that problem.

Comment

Exactly, there is NO Cinavia on WDTVs!

MultiShrink

Comment

Interesting I never noticed the Java problem before but it fits the message after looking at it again. The version I used may have been one that did not address the problem since I copied it when the movie first came out on both movies come to think of it. I tired running the file on my regular desktop and got no message though and the movie played fine. So i decided to recopy the movies with the latest version of Fab and see if that clears up the problem. You guys are great and thanks for the help. I will let you know if that fixes it.

Comment

When I started reading through this topic I had a feeling of deja vu...
                              I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                              I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
                              X